Son of Syncro...is there a modern equivalent?

Clutch

<---Pass
43.5 mpg for the diesel people mover version...I could live with that.

That is what I don't understand (well maybe I do)...people are screaming for high fuel efficiency vehicles like midsized vans and trucks, and yet we in the States won't see vehicles like that. Seems simple enough, just toss in a diesel and you're good...(too much red tape, I guess)

cwsqbm

Explorer
43.5 mpg for the diesel people mover version...I could live with that.

That's Imperial gallons. Converting 6.5L/100km to US mpg gives about 36mpg. Still good, but....

The EPA and European tests aren't comparable (even new EPA aren't comparable with pre-2008 numbers). The European system gives ratings that are higher for the exact same car. For comparison: Mercedes E320 BlueTec. USA: 21 city, 32 hwy. UK (Imperial Gallons): 30mpg urban, 53mpg extra-urban, which is 25/44 in USA gallons, all for the SAME car.

Using that example, that 36mpg becomes a 27mpg or so on a US EPA test. Then ask yourself, do you want to cruise up and down hills on the interstate in a big van with only 100 hp? That's why they're not sold here.

Hondarider

Adventurer
I did not know that. Thanks. Everything I know about the UK I learned from Jeremy Clarkson. Clearly he left out the lesson on differences between Imperial and US gallons...I had all I could do to work the liter conversion.

CLynn85

Explorer
That's very cool to see a US company doing Sprinter 4x4's now, but WOW, $21K, just for the conversion?!?! Jeebus.

prevdude

Yeah we don't allow the diesel fuel vehicals over here like they have every else it sucks, but I heard there going to start making more restrictions over in Europe now as well. So yeah plus there more up keep, but I like them, always have. Recently got a 93' AWD previa with 138,000 original mile on it. Looking to make it a cheap camper. I need to a 2" suspention lift, a new exhaust, and new front axles. Any suggestions?

Corneilius

Adventurer
You just bumped a 6 year old thread. Probably get better advice if you start a new thread and include pictures, I love those Toyotas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior