southern NM new to

psychohawk

Observer
Nice!

Don't know where you have the Engel stored but in mine, with a Engel 45, I removed the driver's side rear seat, mounted and leveled a base plate to the stock seat bolts then used the Engel slide-lock on top of the base plate.

The fridge was covered with the Engel transit bag and didn't look too bad, nearly matching the beige interior.

This set up worked perfectly, freeing up truck space in the wagon ... within the truck I had fender racks mounted for gear storage and was able to fit a queen size inflatable mattress in the back.

Nicely set up, enjoyed the truck, but sold it about 1.5 years ago ... it was a 97.5 TD Wagon.

Carl

PS I might be able to dig up a pic or two if it'll help, just let me know.

Guinness44

Adventurer
psychohawk, picture of the rearseat removed would be cool. Right now the fridge is on the tranny tunnel against the loaddivider (front). Tied with two dogcaollars to the D's. I am thinking about removing one rearseat, so I can store a racing jack in there too instead of up top.

We sleep accross the fenderwells, sideways, so no storage on top of the wells. But between them, all left in ALL the time (parts, fluids, tools, H20, MRE). Thats the bedroom over the shop.

Was your wagon white, there is one about that age locallly. I bet you enjoy your new truck, not as many greasefittings......warranty..........

Ron B

Explorer
I pulled my rear seats a few years ago and love the extra storage. Got the idea from here:
http://www.4x4freedom.com/hmcs.htm

an engle/arb 42 qt will fit where the rear seats mount. I've tried it in mine with a friend's fridge (I don't own one yet). It would be pretty simple to fab a mount that bolts to the floor for the fridge to sit on. Sleeping across the tunnel in the cabin is the way to go, it is about 6' 5" from int door to door. I'd take a picture of mine but the int stuff is currently out of the truck for some fab work.

nice truck.

rb

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Yep I know a place out in Cloudcroft I think it's called Hi-line or something like that. It goes just down hill from the sun observatory. If you go on Google Earth you can kinda make out the trail.

I took my wife's Escape on a neat little trail on Capitan. I'll take my rig next time though.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Hey if anyone of you NM dudes is around Socorro or ends up there for a day or two of exploring.., let me know, I would love to check out new trails

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier