Spaceball 1: 1997 E350 V10

Redheddedwonder

I used a spray adhesive, and it is both sides.

I had the same thought once I covered one side. I didn't want to see any of the silver, so I cut another piece that was big enough to cover what was showing. For that piece I used the spray adhesive and then any edges that weren't quite down, I used a glue gun.

I used a glue gun for the "tabs" that are there which are made of some ribbon I had laying around.

They look good from 7-10 feet, but if you get close they are a little janky. Good enough for me though, just to have the privacy and so far they are doing the job great. I can get closer pictures if you want to see them.
Sounds good! Yah it’s tough to choose between looks of the black or function of the reflectix side. I’m trying to figure out how to make it look good with the window side be removable for hot weather. Thanks!

FROADER

Adventurer
So, I noticed if I left the window covers in while driving, the bigger covers would start to fall out even though they kind of stuffed into the spot behind the interior panel. I thought of an easy fix for this which is pictured below.

I ordered some 1/8" bungee cord and some ring wire connectors in according size. I measured about 5" from the top of the window to mount these, and cut the length of the cord about 6" short so there is some tension when mounted. I bent the connectors a little to keep the cord closer to the covers, otherwise I feel this would have been a waste of time. The wire connectors came with their own heat shrink, to keep it looking decent.

They were screwed directly into the plastic panel and my problem was solved. They are still easy to install and remove with the cords there.

IMG_4106.jpeg IMG_4107.jpeg IMG_4108.jpeg IMG_4109.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles