Spay/ neuter for international travel

catfarts

Hi. i recently was given a gift in the form of a free 2 month old Shepard husky found in a canyon, call her lala.

anyway. She is my new co pilot by default but also my first puppy.

i realize the internet will just make me feel dumb for asking this question but it s a serious one.

anyone with a travel story about an unspayed pup....or balls whatever,

im not exactly trying to deny lala her rights as a sovereign individual but I also don’t need any tj pups hitching a ride..

ive been approached about breeding and whatever but have never taken it seriously.
I love lala and I want her to bring more lalas this world is full of pain and sorrow andthis one is committed to JOY

5FBB99ED-A162-4BD2-84C8-D0E3EB22CFD6.jpeg19FE4FB3-A16C-4F2F-A9E4-CB9F8F61887B.jpeg

ChasingOurTrunks

I’m not familiar with specific border rules but it would be country by country; travelling with a pet is very doable (we travel with two dogs), especially in north America, where we’ve only ever been asked for rabies vaccination certificates. But outside that you may have to wrangle with quarantine periods and all sorts of stuff depending on the country you are travelling to. Where do you want to go?

Also, from an animal health perspective, spaying a dog reduces risk of later-life cancers dramatically. Obviously it rules out pups but the health benefits may be worth it to you.

Porkchopexpress

Spaying will also calm a dog down which is very helpful with a husky mix but you have to wait until they are old enough, (I think about 6 months but I would ask a vet). Like COT stated above, rabies is the bigger travel concern. Hawaii has special requirements and a specific lab that tests blood samples before entry.
Beautiful dog, I'm sure you both will have a great time!

Edit: if this is your first dog, (or just first puppy?) it might be extra challenging to take on breeding. Huskys are already a very difficult breed to train.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles