Spearfishing the Pan-Am

LateNate

Adventurer
Whats up guys. I will be driving to Argentina soon and was wanting to spearfish all along the way. Does anyone know about the rules and regs of each country regarding spearfishing. I figure as I get to each country I would find out, but I was wondering if anyone here knew anymore so I could budget appropiately. Thanks

SLOwag

Adventurer
No. But a bump for you and a request for pictures and a trip report when you get back.

Oh man, I'm jealous:drool:

LateNate

Adventurer
Man, you got any room in your luggage for me?!

x2 on LOTS of pics and a report

Sorry man no room. We barely have enough room for ourselves. By the way, I read through your toyota thread and your truck looks sick. I also saw that your a climber. So am I and I will be out that way in the summer. I understand J-Tree is hot as hell that time of year, but thats when I'll be there. Keep in touch and we can climb if you want.

LateNate

Adventurer
No. But a bump for you and a request for pictures and a trip report when you get back.

Oh man, I'm jealous:drool:

Thanks for the bump. I do have a thread going for it right now. It should be listed as one of my signatures.

Carterbwh

There's a shop in Santa Barbara CA that might be able to get the answers your looking for. The shop is called The Blue Water Hunter. The owner is Andy Taylor and although he may not know off the top of his head, he has connections all over the world. Might be worth a shot. The phone number is (805)564-6677, and web site is www.blueh20.com. Good luck!

Wiley

Adventurer
Hey man I know your trip was delay due to your knee, but when you find this info out can you post it up, I was wondering about this as well. Heal quick and have a good trip.

LateNate

Adventurer
Hey man I know your trip was delay due to your knee, but when you find this info out can you post it up, I was wondering about this as well. Heal quick and have a good trip.

Will do. Stay posted. It is right around the bend. My appointments are reducing and I can see the end of the tunnel.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Mexico you need a fishing liscense to be legal. Normal fishing liscense is good for spear fishing too.

Central America, not to many regualtions. Some will say you need a liscense and other will say you don't.

I just did a trip south last winter, did both spear fishing and rod & real.

Don't fish in a National Park, that is about all that matters.

Enjoy your trip...some real good fishing along the way! You will be fat on fish tacos in no time!

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Try big Corn Island off the East Coast of Nicaragua. The best area is called Blowing Rock. Its a 3 rock pinnacle off the south shore of the island, grouper galore.. rooster fish.. etc.. watch your back for sharks after awhile..

We just finished the drive to Panama a couple of weeks ago. We have been fishing the whole way with no license, some countries do require a license and fishing is illegal in most National Parks (you would not know it when you're there due to the dozens of locals fishing).

I really wish I had my Hawaiian sling. I have met other folks traveling with slings, not spearguns. Slings can look like simple poles when the spear tip are safely stored elsewhere in the vehicle, while spearguns look a lot more like weapons, are expensive and can easily be confiscated by customs or cops along the way... just my honest opinion and .02 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier