Sportsmobile: Oregon Coast; April, 2013

twolost

Observer
My wife, our three year old daughter and I just returned from a week long adventure along the Oregon Coast. Overnight, we stayed in the relative comfort of a timeshare. This was a simple scouting trip with the family (as simple as it gets with an active and curious three year old).
Note: Due to my own personal bandwidth, I chose to to post the bulk of this report on a forum that is specific to the make/model of our van (Sportsmobile). Here are a few of the pics from our trip as well as a link to the more detailed trip report if you are interested.
Sportsmobile Forum: Sportsmobile: Oregon Coast; April, 2013
Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area; Horsfall Beach
i-gdGtpcf-L.jpg

Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area; South Dunes; Horsfall Beach to Spinreel
i-x9qBF2c-L.jpg

Stopped to play on the beach @ Hauser Beach
i-z483FkC-L.jpg

Depoe Bay
i-JMNdw7M-L.jpg

Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area; North Dunes; South Jetty to Siltcoos
i-WWb3KP2-X2.jpg

i-HFfG3N5-L.jpg

i-HvZ3GBC-L.jpg

i-pLtDnJL-L.jpg

Heceta Head Lighthouse
i-L4ZXQsP-L.jpg

Pacific City / Cape Kiwanda; Haystack Rock
i-J3rWz9B-L.jpg

i-T6jXK8C-L.jpg

Siuslaw National Forest; NF-58
i-m2PRtqq-X2.jpg

i-rMsbpKs-L.jpg

i-FbTDVSM-X2.jpg

Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area; Middle Dunes; Umpqua
i-C6KFhgV-L.jpg

i-Fp82Nrt-L.jpg

Great trip. Great memories. We will be back!!

Last edited:

mkitchen

Explorer
Looks like a good time

Hard to believe that you got that lucky with the weather. Looked at the pics here and on the Sportsmobile forum. Very nice. We will be up there this August and we are very much looking forward to getting back up there. Hope our trip turns out as well as yours appears to have been. Your daughter and wife certainly look like they had a good time. Kids and beaches, you just can't beat that combination, eh?
Mikey

Willman

Cool trip...I want to take my kids down there....Some great sand....Time to buy a dirt bike....

addicted56

Adventurer
Great pictures. I grew up just a few miles from Horsefall beach and rode 4-wheelers there all the time. I agree you did get lucky with the weather. After living on the East Coast I forget how amazing it is to just pull off the road, throw up a flag and you can drive 70 plus miles north in the dunes.

SmoothLC

Explorer
Love to see pics/trip reports of some of our fave spots along the coast.

While living in Tigard, Lincoln City became the jumping off point for points north and south.

We especially like Cape Kiwanda!

conifers4

Suburban nomad
Amazing pictures! The overlook on Depoe Bay certainly brings back memories of my overnight stay there in a massive coastal storm. Good times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior