Sprinter + AirStream = $575000

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
not sure where to start...

:)
4. The underneath portion of the motorhome section is completely incased in aircraft aluminum for wind flow except the drive shaft is exposed, with a slight angle rising in the rear section for less drag.

Need to think outside the box here, (as apparently the builder did)
With it's fully enclosed underside (skid plates) it has the makings of a Super Expo Rig with a 6" lift, no better make that a 24" lift.
$(KGrHqR,!mIE-eF1(fk9BPu(ZD5mtw~~60_12.JPG

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
This has to be a typo. Maybe one extra zero? Seriously.

This Custom Built Motorhome is for someone who appreciates a unique and finely crafted motorhome with no equals on the planet. Not for someone looking for a cheap bargain priced run of the mill motorhome
Apparently when determining the asking price for a one-of-a-kind vehicle I have opposite reasoning than this guy.
When we had a new Shuttle Bus converted to a RV... my thoughts were, I just threw a big chunk of any resale value out the window, because it's a unique motorhome.

Last edited:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
The Mercedes Sprinter Diesel CabChasis, only has 21000 miles and drives as smooth as a Lexus.

Having substantial experience with the matter, I can say that a Sprinter drives really nice for a truck. It most assuredly does not drive "as smooth as a Lexus." :(

A clever build with many advantages. Shame about the delusional price.

n_maher

Observer
I find it most amazing that the builder spent an average of 46hrs a week for two and a half years (allegedly) building it.

bahndo

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
I find it most amazing that the builder spent an average of 46hrs a week for two and a half years (allegedly) building it.

For $95/hour I expext a little more.... I guess if you subtract the sprinter price and the airstream price it come down to ~$87/hr- still a bt high for the finished product

Riptide

Explorer
The guy definitely has some skills.

The camper is pretty cool in a retro way. Which is exactly why it needs a retro chassis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles