SSF556 Build Up - 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I don't blame you for being happy. Towed my trailer home (through the mountains) and didn't have enough gas in the stock JK tank to go 520km. Averaged around 15-16 MPG.

A diesel engine needs to be in the JKU....

jforse

Observer
Awesome build. One question on the upper a-arms since I'm new to the WK world. Are they installed to correct an alignment issue or is it for strength?

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Awesome build. One question on the upper a-arms since I'm new to the WK world. Are they installed to correct an alignment issue or is it for strength?

With a lift the OEM upper control arms will hit coil springs in front...the JBA upper control arms eliminate this hitting. They also allow you to get back to factory alignment and you can also replace the ball joints if needed. Pricey but worth it in the long run...better tire wear and steering response.

jforse

Observer
With a lift the OEM upper control arms will hit coil springs in front...the JBA upper control arms eliminate this hitting. They also allow you to get back to factory alignment and you can also replace the ball joints if needed. Pricey but worth it in the long run...better tire wear and steering response.

Thanks.

PDragon

Scootr29, a couple of questions:

1. Where did you get your bull bar?
2. Is the front mount trailer hitch part of the bull bar?

Thanks!

AzAv8r

I am contemplating purchase of a 2008 GC CRD as a DD. (Not ready to shell out $50K for a 2014 yet...)

Do you know of a good source for important pre-purchase info? Eg, weak points, what to look for in terms of maintenance, damage, options, or accessories for the WK CRD?

I found such info for the Liberty CRD, but nothing on the GC CRD.

Thanks!

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I am contemplating purchase of a 2008 GC CRD as a DD. (Not ready to shell out $50K for a 2014 yet...)

Do you know of a good source for important pre-purchase info? Eg, weak points, what to look for in terms of maintenance, damage, options, or accessories for the WK CRD?

I found such info for the Liberty CRD, but nothing on the GC CRD.

Thanks!

I will send you a note with some things to look for.....

Also Jeep Forum WK section is a great resource.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior