SSF556 Build Up - 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
How much weight did you add with the Dynamat?

I used 3 of these at 15 pounds

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00020CB2S/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

I used 1 of these at 6 pounds

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00020CAUG/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So about 50 pounds give or take a pound....

Worth the weight and work? Yes to me...just makes a more pleasant environment when driving down the highway, especially with a tire like the Duratrac.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I know we have several people running these.....new they are 18/32, current tread depth is 14/32. Pictures are current...I have even wear on all 4 tires...

Tire Mileage = 15,000

Tire Rotation = 5,000 miles

Tire size = 265/70/17C

Tire Pressure = 35 to 37 psi...I generally run 36psi. I have aired them down to 18psi when running mud at Uwharrie and no issues...have not gone below 18psi

Travel Environment = Highway, Towing, Offroad, Mud, Snow

Vehicle Weight Fully Loaded for Camping with full tnk of diesel 2 people and a dog= 6200 pounds

Vehicle Weight for daily use full tank and one person = 5400 pounds

Current Tread Depth = 14/32

So I have lost 4/32 in 15,000 miles...that being said I believe these should be 40,000 to 50,000 mile tire.

Left side of ruler is 32nds

i-Hrhbh2N-L.jpg

i-hkwCbcf-L.jpg

i-Q5bnmNJ-L.jpg

Last edited:

BigRed1

Nice rig! I've been contemplating on getting a JKUR, but after reading your build I am definitely leaning towards a WK.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Nice rig! I've been contemplating on getting a JKUR, but after reading your build I am definitely leaning towards a WK.

Thanks...the JKUR is a great truck and one that has plenty of options to modify....the WK is a sleeper and provides great offroad and on road capabilities....the diesel is just icing on the cake...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Thanks...the JKUR is a great truck and one that has plenty of options to modify....the WK is a sleeper and provides great offroad and on road capabilities....the diesel is just icing on the cake...
It's easier and less expensive to upgrade the headlights on a WK for sure...

Still crossing fingers for a diesel JK. :ylsmoke:

PDragon

Great shots of the WK Scootr!
I took mine the other day to the local off-road park, even in stock form the WKs are quite capable. Diesel WK are quite the sleepers indeed.
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles