Starting My Offroad Trailer Build

INFAMOUS1

I just found this forum, I pretty much have all my ideas and plans done already. I work in an advanced fabrication facility and have access to our Laser Cutter,CNC machines, Welders and Materials. I will be building my trailer out of aluminum.
Looks like lots of good info here has already been provided so I will read and look through some member builds. Here is a basic CAD drawing of my trailer design and I am starting the frame next week and will be working on it in the evenings after work.
The picture is just a very basic rendering.
Trailer.jpg

jjmoss99

Observer
Can you describe the trailer a little? You've peaked my attention. Is the compartment on the front corner the kitchen area? Is there door in the rear of the trailer? Is the interior for cargo or sleeping? I could go on.... :)

Justin

INFAMOUS1

Hey Justin, The front of the trailer has a window cutout you are seeing. I deviated from the teardrop design in the front to add the viewing window. The interior will be for sleeping and will accommodate a queen size mattress. Rear galley with a teardrop style hatch. I changed the shape to get a little more flat roof space for the roof rack. The trailer will have a tube exoskeleton tied into the frame which will allow approx 1500 lbs to safely be placed in the roof rack. The extra tongue area will have aluminum storage boxes. I will be laser cutting and forming all of my galley boxes and side panels, parts as well. I have devoloped a new wall system and also a new style galley hatch that is much improved over the industry standard. Stay tuned for the fun to begin! I am starting the frame this week.

Last edited:

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
This should be a good one to watch. Seems like you have a particular set of skills to make this a super nice build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INFAMOUS1

Cut and formed my aluminum slide out galley boxes today, me thinks I need to get some Timbrens ordered up now for my frame. 2016-05-04 16.19.17.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles