Steel wheel recommendations for 100 Series

PeterN

Observer
People use the "spare" steel wheels on FJ's... I should think they will fit your 100 series too. Or if you have a steel spare that's different than the FJ spare wheel, there you go. Order 4 more from Toyota. ??

Great idea unfortunately my spare was a full sized spare with the original Toyota 18" alloy wheel. My local Toyota dealer who I asked this very question "Do you have steel spares that will fit my truck" could only offer officially sanctioned alloys of various sizes starting at 16" for ~$550 per wheel. Online, you can find these same OEM part numbers for ~$300ish...which isn't really going to work for me.

So now I've got my beloved BFG AT KOs on wheels that I don't love but will be fine just in time to go get dirty and camp in Nevada with my family.

1stDeuce

Explorer
Call Slee Offroad and ask them if the FJ or Tacoma or Tundra steel wheels will fit. Or check tire rack and see if they offer steel wheels for snow tires for your 100 series.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Madbodhi

Observer
2007 and up Tundra and 200 series wheels will fit but I dont believe they ever had 16' rims.Tacoma and Fj rims will not. I plastidipped my stock rims black and ran spacers with 275 70 18's but eventually went with Method Roost rims that have a -12 offset that allowed me to dump the spacers.
20180228_110730-1.jpg
There is the Evo corse Dakarzero in a 16 x7 as well.
Evo corse Dakarzero

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
People use the "spare" steel wheels on FJ's... I should think they will fit your 100 series too. Or if you have a steel spare that's different than the FJ spare wheel, there you go. Order 4 more from Toyota. ??
Nope, 100 and 200 Cruisers use a 5-lug hub. The FJ, Taco, Hilux, 4Runner and Prado still use the old 6-lug pattern. I think Toyota changed the wheel pattern on Cruisers because of the change to the 70 series front end (but I'm very unfamiliar with Cruisers, so I dunno). My understanding is this is how Toyota made it impossible to put the wrong wheel on a newer Cruiser in the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online