Sterling Acterra Fire Rescue Truck Xpediation Conversion

patoz

Expedition Leader
Yes. We were there for my brother's retirement a few years back. It is one of their favorite places to see along with the Battleship across the bay.

Great, I always try to point that out to anyone visiting here. I'm glad you had a good time in our fair city and BTW, Blue Angel Campground is one of my favorites, especially since it's only about 20 minutes away for me. I started camping out there in the late 60's when it was just an abandoned airfield. Did they have the WiFi up and running when you camped there? They have been promising to get it going for the last 5 years.

patoz

Expedition Leader
OK, that's what I was referring to. I don't think they are going to provide it for the Anchor Cove side because that area is being kept somewhat primitive, even though it has all the standard hookups and bathrooms.

Your rig looks great and I'm glad you kept the chrome and polished wheel covers, instead of blacking everything out like what seems to be the current trend nowadays. So, I'll let you go and I hope you have a great evening and safe travels on the road.

Last edited:

RiderBloke

Observer
The week has been great. Lots of driving lots of camping and lots of people wanting to see inside the unit. Got two police visitors while in Pensacola. They were more curious than my kids. We had the pleasure to camp out right next to a crop dusting helicopter. Kids loved that! Enjoyed a great day in Foley Alabama at The Park of OWA. We did a lot of fishing and yes the BBBB slider was a hit. We are now circling back through Alabama and on to Atlanta for some go carting. Not a regret in the world for purchasing this Rescue Truck. I hope to have my hitch in place in a few weeks so I can enjoy the bike on my tour.

It’s a beauty - one of the best looking trucks on these forums IMHO. The Acterra is one of my favorite looking trucks. It looks like the boys are having great fun with you in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles