Still New To Me Gen 3 Won't Start

2to4wheels

Adventurer
I gave a link earlier in this post recommending you test the ICM using a digital multitester. Here it is again, read through and follow DougC's advice on justanswer.com, and you will be able to confirm/deny the ICM as the culprit.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/159696-Replacing-Gen-3-Heads-(Like-a-Virgin)-Any-Recommendation?p=2110222#post2110222

Thanks Dave...I did notice that after my response:)

*But yet again, a new update that. Why not right?!? So...after I tried it this afternoon, I figured I'd let it set longer with the battery disconnected again. This time about 5 hours and thought I'd give it a go when I walked over to pick my son up from pre-school. Gave it a go, and a no go it was. Locked it up and headed home with the kid and left the battery connected. Headed over around 1030 tonight with a buddy and a tow strap to get it the mile home. I figured, why not, let's try my luck. I turned the key and did the "i want to start really bad, but I'd rather not" sputter. I told myself, "one more time" but this time when I turned the key and it was cranking (trying to start) I gave it a considerable amount of throttle and it started and I stayed on the gas a bit (1500-2000 rpms) to make sure it was getting the fuel. It puffed a bit a smoke again, probably clearing the fuel that I had dumped the multiple times cranking today. It was running smooth, idling fine, and I just let it idle and come up to temp for 15 minutes which it did just fine. Then I drove it home and parked back in my parking spot. Shut it off, and started a few times.

So we'll see what tomorrow holds but what's going on? A fuel thing? In both episodes, that was the first time I semi-mashed the throttle and obviously with luck.

nckwltn

Explorer
sounds very similar to when my fuel pump needed to be replaced in my 03. Carry a rubber mallet around, next time it won't start, go back rap on the underside of the gas tank while someone is turning it over. Replaced the fuel pump with one from autozone and haven't had a problem starting since... that was a year ago.

Monstero

Adventurer
So you have fixed anything or nailed down exactly the issue yet huh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior