Stoked about the new Gofast camper

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I'd still want a lock out mechanism. As the gas struts age they tend to get weaker/less effective. Even with my lightweight Columbus fiberglass top I've used the locks in windy conditions.

Awesome product, thanks for bringing it to the market. The design is impressive and the pricing is very reasonable considering cost of campers and RTT's. My only concern is that the translucent roof may not hold up well in a hail storm, but I've never seen one up close to gauge it's strength. Is the roof fiberglass? Can it be repaired easily?

Awesome product, thanks for bringing it to the market. The design is impressive and the pricing is very reasonable considering cost of campers and RTT's. My only concern is that the translucent roof may not hold up well in a hail storm, but I've never seen one up close to gauge it's strength. Is the roof fiberglass? Can it be repaired easily?
The roof is a thick honeycomb it's very sturdy there's no way a hailstorm is gonna mess it up.

I mean they use epoxy resin over glass fiber over cellulose honeycomb on a lot of standard camper shells and that stuff is plenty robust. It's a neat feature if you like having the sun wake you up. But if you want a bear cave, just cover it up with some black out cloth or 45c/sq ft carpet from your hardware store.

Cinco De Mayo 2018 was a big day. We picked up our highly anticipated GFC. It has been a very fun winter popping in on the GFC boys as they tweaked prototypes. The production unit is top notch! We are thrilled with the build quality and the overall accessibility of this sick tent.

The side panels are one of the features we are most stoked on. They allow incredible access to the contents of your truck bed. No more crawling up into a full bed from the tailgate trying to get the one thing that slid up against the cab. Simply open a side panel and grab it. All the side panels lock for security and are weather sealed. Oh yeah they function wonderfully in the rain

Cheers to Graeme, Wiley, Ross and Team at GFC!

We will be releasing a lot more content around this camper very soon. Have any questions about it? Let us know and we’ll do our best to answer them. Want to check it out for yourself, Let us know.

Can you comment / provide pix on the side / door panel system and its ability to seal out the dust? Camper sure looks great....love the decal on the side and that boat!

With future models, are there any plans to make a variant that extends further over crew-cab trucks? Say, 3'-4' cab over, so only 3' or less of floor space is covered? Vagabond is doing this, so it can't be a structural thing. In fact, looking at the way the camper attaches to the spaceframe, if the spaceframe was longer (say it overhung the cab), you could shift the camper forward, then make a roof panel to cover the now exposed space at the back of the truck.

My concept 'shop:
GFC-LongCab.jpg

I really like these, but it would be cool to more open floor space, and be able to leave the bed set up.

I've got a 06 Crew Cab Tundra.

Also, how do you sleep in these things? With your head into the corner, or your feet towards the front of the truck? If the later, how do you keep from pushing pillows off the end?

Last edited:
With future models, are there any plans to make a variant that extends further over crew-cab trucks? Say, 3'-4' cab over, so only 3' or less of floor space is covered? Vagabond is doing this, so it can't be a structural thing. In fact, looking at the way the camper attaches to the spaceframe, if the spaceframe was longer (say it overhung the cab), you could shift the camper forward, then make a roof panel to cover the now exposed space at the back of the truck.

My concept 'shop:
View attachment 449142

I really like these, but it would be cool to more open floor space, and be able to leave the bed set up.

I've got a 06 Crew Cab Tundra.

Also, how do you sleep in these things? With your head into the corner, or your feet towards the front of the truck? If the later, how do you keep from pushing pillows off the end?
You can't sleep with the panels out at the end unless you're like 4ft tall - you need to watch their walk around video:

I agree with this concept - having space to drop down into the truck bed while the forward bed matts are still in place would be highly preferable - even if it was only 20-30 inches of space at the back of the truck. This would allow room to stand in the back of the truck with the bed deployed to change, get something out of the truck, etc. without having to move matts around or disturb someone who was sleeping. Very important if you share this space with a significant other. Very nice camper and on my list, but not making the short list because of this one issue.

I agree with this concept - having space to drop down into the truck bed while the forward bed matts are still in place would be highly preferable - even if it was only 20-30 inches of space at the back of the truck. This would allow room to stand in the back of the truck with the bed deployed to change, get something out of the truck, etc. without having to move matts around or disturb someone who was sleeping. Very important if you share this space with a significant other. Very nice camper and on my list, but not making the short list because of this one issue.
It's really not that important and that goes against the entire philosophy of being small and light behind the camper. I've had mine since march and came from a flippac and neither my GF or I have any problem moving a panel to get out while the other person sleeps. If you need a house on the back of your truck then look at one of the other options out there but if you want a modular light system that lets your truck still be a truck get the GFC

It's not that important to you. You're willing to deal with it. Others may not. It's simple, we won't buy what we're not into. If GFC doesn't want to produce a longer cab-over, that's their prerogative, but don't try to "you're so uncool, bro" me into not wanting one because of that detail. That's hipster level bullshit.

I'm sure the folks at AT Overland and Vagabond will be glad to know some think of their products as "houses."

I'm sure the folks at AT Overland and Vagabond will be glad to know some think of their products as "houses."
That is a fairly accurate description though. Both their offerings are built with a bigger focus on being used as a camper and are better at that than a GFC in my opinion. The GFC however is lighter and still offers a comfortable space to sleep but keeps the truck usuable as a truck. Different strokes for different folks and enough options to choose from to get what you want.

It's not that important to you. You're willing to deal with it. Others may not. It's simple, we won't buy what we're not into. If GFC doesn't want to produce a longer cab-over, that's their prerogative, but don't try to "you're so uncool, bro" me into not wanting one because of that detail. That's hipster level bullshit.

Lol this is the funniest response I've read on this forum yet :ROFLMAO: Someone pissed in your cheerios and it wasn't me haha and yea Phil and Iggy don't care they're good friends of mine I tell them that all the time.

That is a fairly accurate description though. Both their offerings are built with a bigger focus on being used as a camper and are better at that than a GFC in my opinion. The GFC however is lighter and still offers a comfortable space to sleep but keeps the truck usuable as a truck. Different strokes for different folks and enough options to choose from to get what you want.
Seems to me the GFC (and Snap Treehouse) is more of a RTT on a bed rack with closable sides, than a full on camper like the Vagabond, AT, or OVRLND.