Stoked about the new Gofast camper

hatchadventures

Cinco De Mayo 2018 was a big day. We picked up our highly anticipated GFC. It has been a very fun winter popping in on the GFC boys as they tweaked prototypes. The production unit is top notch! We are thrilled with the build quality and the overall accessibility of this sick tent.

Hatch-194129-1024x768.jpg

Hatch-0353-1024x683.jpg

The side panels are one of the features we are most stoked on. They allow incredible access to the contents of your truck bed. No more crawling up into a full bed from the tailgate trying to get the one thing that slid up against the cab. Simply open a side panel and grab it. All the side panels lock for security and are weather sealed. Oh yeah they function wonderfully in the rain

Hatch-0620-1024x684.jpg

Cheers to Graeme, Wiley, Ross and Team at GFC!

We will be releasing a lot more content around this camper very soon. Have any questions about it? Let us know and we’ll do our best to answer them. Want to check it out for yourself, Let us know.

Hatch-0592-1024x684.jpg

Runt

Adventurer
Can you comment / provide pix on the side / door panel system and its ability to seal out the dust? Camper sure looks great....love the decal on the side and that boat!

PHeller

Adventurer
With future models, are there any plans to make a variant that extends further over crew-cab trucks? Say, 3'-4' cab over, so only 3' or less of floor space is covered? Vagabond is doing this, so it can't be a structural thing. In fact, looking at the way the camper attaches to the spaceframe, if the spaceframe was longer (say it overhung the cab), you could shift the camper forward, then make a roof panel to cover the now exposed space at the back of the truck.

My concept 'shop:
GFC-LongCab.jpg

I really like these, but it would be cool to more open floor space, and be able to leave the bed set up.

I've got a 06 Crew Cab Tundra.

Also, how do you sleep in these things? With your head into the corner, or your feet towards the front of the truck? If the later, how do you keep from pushing pillows off the end?

Last edited:

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
With future models, are there any plans to make a variant that extends further over crew-cab trucks? Say, 3'-4' cab over, so only 3' or less of floor space is covered? Vagabond is doing this, so it can't be a structural thing. In fact, looking at the way the camper attaches to the spaceframe, if the spaceframe was longer (say it overhung the cab), you could shift the camper forward, then make a roof panel to cover the now exposed space at the back of the truck.

My concept 'shop:
View attachment 449142

I really like these, but it would be cool to more open floor space, and be able to leave the bed set up.

I've got a 06 Crew Cab Tundra.

Also, how do you sleep in these things? With your head into the corner, or your feet towards the front of the truck? If the later, how do you keep from pushing pillows off the end?

You can't sleep with the panels out at the end unless you're like 4ft tall - you need to watch their walk around video:

KJP

I agree with this concept - having space to drop down into the truck bed while the forward bed matts are still in place would be highly preferable - even if it was only 20-30 inches of space at the back of the truck. This would allow room to stand in the back of the truck with the bed deployed to change, get something out of the truck, etc. without having to move matts around or disturb someone who was sleeping. Very important if you share this space with a significant other. Very nice camper and on my list, but not making the short list because of this one issue.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
I agree with this concept - having space to drop down into the truck bed while the forward bed matts are still in place would be highly preferable - even if it was only 20-30 inches of space at the back of the truck. This would allow room to stand in the back of the truck with the bed deployed to change, get something out of the truck, etc. without having to move matts around or disturb someone who was sleeping. Very important if you share this space with a significant other. Very nice camper and on my list, but not making the short list because of this one issue.

It's really not that important and that goes against the entire philosophy of being small and light behind the camper. I've had mine since march and came from a flippac and neither my GF or I have any problem moving a panel to get out while the other person sleeps. If you need a house on the back of your truck then look at one of the other options out there but if you want a modular light system that lets your truck still be a truck get the GFC

PHeller

Adventurer
It's not that important to you. You're willing to deal with it. Others may not. It's simple, we won't buy what we're not into. If GFC doesn't want to produce a longer cab-over, that's their prerogative, but don't try to "you're so uncool, bro" me into not wanting one because of that detail. That's hipster level ****************.

I'm sure the folks at AT Overland and Vagabond will be glad to know some think of their products as "houses."

crazysccrmd

Observer
I'm sure the folks at AT Overland and Vagabond will be glad to know some think of their products as "houses."

That is a fairly accurate description though. Both their offerings are built with a bigger focus on being used as a camper and are better at that than a GFC in my opinion. The GFC however is lighter and still offers a comfortable space to sleep but keeps the truck usuable as a truck. Different strokes for different folks and enough options to choose from to get what you want.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
It's not that important to you. You're willing to deal with it. Others may not. It's simple, we won't buy what we're not into. If GFC doesn't want to produce a longer cab-over, that's their prerogative, but don't try to "you're so uncool, bro" me into not wanting one because of that detail. That's hipster level ****************.

Lol this is the funniest response I've read on this forum yet :ROFLMAO: Someone pissed in your cheerios and it wasn't me haha and yea Phil and Iggy don't care they're good friends of mine I tell them that all the time.

Clutch

<---Pass
That is a fairly accurate description though. Both their offerings are built with a bigger focus on being used as a camper and are better at that than a GFC in my opinion. The GFC however is lighter and still offers a comfortable space to sleep but keeps the truck usuable as a truck. Different strokes for different folks and enough options to choose from to get what you want.

Seems to me the GFC (and Snap Treehouse) is more of a RTT on a bed rack with closable sides, than a full on camper like the Vagabond, AT, or OVRLND.

KJP

It's really not that important and that goes against the entire philosophy of being small and light behind the camper. I've had mine since march and came from a flippac and neither my GF or I have any problem moving a panel to get out while the other person sleeps. If you need a house on the back of your truck then look at one of the other options out there but if you want a modular light system that lets your truck still be a truck get the GFC
Perhaps we can move away from deciding for each other what may be important and what may not be. I honestly believe that the developers of the GoFast would like commentary on what some consider important, with consideration towards expanding their product line and meeting multiple needs of their customers. If there is not enough interest by GoFast in what I've said, then that's OK - I just appreciate them hopefully following this thread and at least giving my perspective some consideration.
Lol this is the funniest response I've read on this forum yet :ROFLMAO: Someone pissed in your cheerios and it wasn't me haha and yea Phil and Iggy don't care they're good friends of mine I tell them that all the time.
Not sure how the response was funny, but appreciate that you found it so. Glad we can all share your laughter and now go back to discussing camping options. I'm hoping that you're incorrect in that Phil and Iggy do care what people are saying about their product. I'm personally looking at stepping up from my RTT and am looking at all options.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Perhaps we can move away from deciding for each other what may be important and what may not be. I honestly believe that the developers of the GoFast would like commentary on what some consider important, with consideration towards expanding their product line and meeting multiple needs of their customers. If there is not enough interest by GoFast in what I've said, then that's OK - I just appreciate them hopefully following this thread and at least giving my perspective some consideration.

Not sure how the response was funny, but appreciate that you found it so. Glad we can all share your laughter and now go back to discussing camping options. I'm hoping that you're incorrect in that Phil and Iggy do care what people are saying about their product. I'm personally looking at stepping up from my RTT and am looking at all options.

God you guys are insufferable, I am not making any decisions for anyone I explained how it's not a problem FOR ME and it was funny because he called me a hipster and got all sassy for liking my Go Fast - And I meant Phil and Iggy don't care what I say because they're my good friends.

KJP

All good inv3 - I appreciate your evaluation of the GoFast and would like to hear more as you spend more time in it. The panels must be pretty light in order to move them so easily. But a bit of age in me (not old, but moving in that general direction) means usually getting up at least once in the night. And moving panels around in the night doesn't appeal to me. Perhaps there may be a half panel option as my lovely bride is significantly shorter than I and that would still leave crawl down space. I'm hoping next month to get a first hand look at all these new campers at the NW rally. Until then I suppose...

Clutch

<---Pass
All good inv3 - I appreciate your evaluation of the GoFast and would like to hear more as you spend more time in it. The panels must be pretty light in order to move them so easily. But a bit of age in me (not old, but moving in that general direction) means usually getting up at least once in the night. And moving panels around in the night doesn't appeal to me. Perhaps there may be a half panel option as my lovely bride is significantly shorter than I and that would still leave crawl down space. I'm hoping next month to get a first hand look at all these new campers at the NW rally. Until then I suppose...

After using a Wildernest for nearly 10 years, where you simply roll out of bed (trying not to disturb my wife) onto the floor of the truck. Having to move panels at 3:00 am would be annoying. Guess you could use a ladder like in a RTT out the back window. But might as well buy a RTT then.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
After using a Wildernest for nearly 10 years, where you simply roll out of bed (trying not to disturb my wife) onto the floor of the truck. Having to move panels at 3:00 am would be annoying. Guess you could use a ladder like in a RTT out the back window. But might as well buy a RTT then.

I sold a flippac for my GFc I know all about space hence my house comment. I still value how my truck handles and don’t need something that big plus the flippac much like a wilderness was made like a piece of ********, leaks, the tent sucks, tons of other issues. I’ll gladly take something light and we’ll made with less space than all that, if you need more living space get an AT or Vagabond but if you don’t get a GFc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles