Stolen ER!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
That electric outlet is for a printer or to charge your electronics. No hairdryers allowed!

Really? That sucks :ylsmoke: And I thought someone had a great idea :elkgrin: But now the question is: why didn't they hook up that outlet to a 1200watt inverter?

As for the others, I'm glad they showed pictures without of all that stuff... Only because of that I could see the details :bike_rider: But you are right, there will be another $20.000 to be invested to get it to full capacity.

trailsurfer

Explorer
Really? That sucks :ylsmoke: And I thought someone had a great idea :elkgrin: But now the question is: why didn't they hook up that outlet to a 1200watt inverter?

As for the others, I'm glad they showed pictures without of all that stuff... Only because of that I could see the details :bike_rider: But you are right, there will be another $20.000 to be invested to get it to full capacity.

$20,000 is about right. Batteries, inverter, and electronics of all kinds. It will take a very good "do it your self guy/gal" or a trip back to the factory in Colorado.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
You'd still be way under the original sticker price even if you paid the asking price of $89,900 and added another $20 into it. The original one we saw at the RV show in 2007 sold for $248k. Don't know what they go for today, but im sure it's not much cheaper ;)

hd78half

Stolen/Recovered Earthroamer XV-LT

For everyone following this post. The vehicle in question was purchased at auction and is now up for bid on Ebay for $76,900. From web search the current owner is a company specializing in buying and reselling salvaged vehicles. Also appears that they paid $32,250 for it at the auction, although this is not known for certain. Talked to the current owner and he didn't know enough about it to list what was missing. At a minimum: inverter, house batteries, stereo, TV, solar panels, flip up countertop, cushions, front winch, galley table, navigation unit, and spare wheel. When originally recovered, both front windows were broken out.

dzzz

Even if $100K restored is a good value, it will still be a $100K vehicle at resale with a salvage title.

Brazos609

Observer
If you dropped the cabin on another Ford chassis cab wit a clean VIN wouldn't ot no longer be titled as salvage? I know it wouldn't be a true factory EarthRoamer anymore, but to make it insurable for required liability coverage it makes a difference. A salvage stamp makes a difference on financing too but it's not like whoever would be buying this would likely need to finance it. The best thing would have been for an cumsumer end user to have purchased it at auction and had the repairs done to end up with a prefectly good condition used EarthRoamer for $50,000 in as new condition and enjoy the heck out of it..

hd78half

Salvaged ER

Discussed this with ER. They had an interest in buying, refurbishing and selling but their insurance company would not insure the vehicle. Not sure how other insurance companies might handle a salvage vehicle. Could be a problem with determining insured value?

The auction ends today at 2:01 PM PST. As of yet, there are no bids.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Discussed this with ER. They had an interest in buying, refurbishing and selling but their insurance company would not insure the vehicle. Not sure how other insurance companies might handle a salvage vehicle. Could be a problem with determining insured value?

The auction ends today at 2:01 PM PST. As of yet, there are no bids.

i forgot to 'watch' this. what happened?

hd78half

Status of salvage ER

The auction closed w/o a buyer. According to the bidding history, there was a bid as high as $69k that was not accepted. Seems this salvage guys has a high (unrealistic?) expectation of what he can get.

mph

Expedition Leader
Back on Ebay...Wow...what a great project. The only thing missing in my wallet is the 76k:(

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
The auction closed w/o a buyer. According to the bidding history, there was a bid as high as $69k that was not accepted. Seems this salvage guys has a high (unrealistic?) expectation of what he can get.

Well he got one for $71 this time. Seems odd that he would not take an offer within 5% of his asking price when he has a "make an offer" option. Heck maybe he won't even take his own asking price??

Oh well, something to watch on a slow news night.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I can't imagine the current owner bought it for ~ $32 and wouldn't accept $69 for it. More than double your money in a few months? Watching all these auction places and Pawn stars on TV they seem to be happy to make a 30% profit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier