Storage Boxes For Your Jeep

Superduty

Adventurer
I use a few Plano boxes. I also use a Rubbermaid Action Packer. Both the Plano and Action Packer serve me well. With limited storage area in my Jeep, I found that it's usually best to measure your space, then find a box that fits the area the best. The Plano box on my exterior rack I added some weatherstrip to it for a better dust seal (someone earlier also mentioned doing that)

IMG-20190122-WA0015.jpg

20171103_151312.jpg

IMG-20190122-WA0015.jpg

20180422_102141.jpg

20171106_145812.jpg

20180419_130421.jpg
In the pic above you can see the action packer on the interior upper shelf.

Last edited:

s.e.charles

Rigid makes a line similar to Dewalt and I think Husky & Milwaukee are jumping in there, too.

whichever you use - PLEASE - strap them forkers down!

Superduty

Adventurer
My previous post was a reply, forgot to quote. Fail.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think there are only 3 sizes. Small medium large. I have one of each, but only use the small and medium in the Jeep. The small and medium the lid comes off completely to access the inside. The large, hinges on the longest side (but is easily removable).

https://www.planomolding.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+sportsman

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

kdeleon

Observer
I think there are only 3 sizes. Small medium large. I have one of each, but only use the small and medium in the Jeep. The small and medium the lid comes off completely to access the inside. The large, hinges on the longest side (but is easily removable).

https://www.planomolding.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+sportsman

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
The new design on large bin is fully removable lids. But yes they are huge and gets real heavy once packed. I rarely use it for trips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
I am really a fan of the Frontrunner Wolf Pack and Cub Pack boxes. They are very sturdy, stack well and have tie down points. I use them for a number of things but it is nice as when they are packed I can just take them out or pop them back in the jeep and I am ready to roll.

TG Smith

Hey all - check out this site. Company is owned by a friend of mine and just finished final template for my 2018 JKU. Final installation next week. JL platform will be available very shortly (If you're in the Denver area with a JLU and willing to spend an hour or two having your back storage area templated, I'm sure I could arrange a discount for you!)

https://www.facebook.com/stackscargooutfitter/

The particulars:

Stacks Cargo Outfitter on Facebook and Instagram

Material: HDPE, recycled plastic. Marine grade material.

Color: Many available

Custom Design: Units are 100% Customizable. I went with a full rear seat delete. The rear footwell area is additional storage with a reach-in lid as well as a vented side drop down reach-in at the door. The passenger side footwell will house my ARB Dual Chamber Compressor. The rear section that would be the rear seat and footwell area is flat for my Labs (2). Dirty Dog 4X4 cargo net divides the rear seat area from the back. Back will be a slide out for my Yeti (or a fridge) with a pullout that would easily house a camp stove on the left. Right side is a stacked drawer unit. However, I can remove the front of the unit and re-install my rear seat without disturbing the back unit portion.

Drawers: Heavy duty locking slide hardware. All drawers will have LED Lights and be lined with custom cut rubber mats.

General Design: Units are parametrically designed in Fusion 360 and custom cut on a CNC machine with all hardware pre-drilled including screws and expandable screw inserts specifically designed for plastic (no pull out). Units are easily customized for your needs/wants.

Installation: Units can ship anywhere in the US and you can assemble/install with basic hand tools in less than 3 hours (depending on your skill level and complexity of your unit).

Pricing: Will be comparable or less than others in the market (again, dependent upon your design).

Couple of photos of my units templated in MDF and a unit that went into the owner's FJ (don't hate on her...I'm trying to explain why Jeep is a superior platform to her! ?). You can see on the top of her unit the cut-outs for recess mounted Aircraft Style L-Track . My units are completely flat on top as I have the TeraFlex Wasatch Cargo Rack.

I'll put up a Build Thread shortly: 2018 JKU: L.o.t.M. (Last of the Mohicans)

56893659487__DBDDCE42-FA1B-4B60-924D-0057F8165919.jpegIMG_2614.jpegIMG_2613.jpegIMG_2610.jpegIMG_2613.jpegIMG_2610.jpeg

Last edited:

rnArmy

Adventurer
I use multiple 8 gallon sized Rubber Maid Action Packers after using some of the cheaper totes from Wal-Mart that failed me. These Action Packers work for me. I've considered the Front Runner boxes, but haven't found a need to change my current system. They're not so big that you can make them too heavy; nice when stacking in a trailer.

SWAG makes a carrier for these Rubber Maid Action Packers if you're looking for a mount:

http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-8-Gallon-Rubber-Maid-Action-Packer-Baja-Bins_p_35.html

1550368116434.png

Last edited:

MOguy

Explorer
I have been looking into storage solutions for my JKU. Ive considered a built in system like Goose Gear however it's really not in the budget. Additionally I like the flexibility of being able to easily remove gear. So I have been considering using some storage bins. I have looked at a bunch online from simple Rubbermaid boxes to things like the Dewalt hard case tool boxes. I am curious as to what some of you are using? Why you chose the bins you did and how they fit in your Jeep?

I guess I am the odd one here, I don't like boxes and totes. I like bags. I like my old Army Green "duffle bag" and back packs. If I don't fill up a bag it compresses and doesn't take up extra space. As I unpack the bags take up less space. For me bag is easier to load, unload, strap down and even through around.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Hey all - check out this site. Company is owned by a friend of mine and just finished final template for my 2018 JKU. Final installation next week. JL platform will be available very shortly (If you're in the Denver area with a JLU and willing to spend an hour or two having your back storage area templated, I'm sure I could arrange a discount for you!)

https://www.facebook.com/stackscargooutfitter/

The particulars:

Stacks Cargo Outfitter on Facebook and Instagram

Material: HDPE, recycled plastic. Marine grade material.

Color: Many available

Custom Design: Units are 100% Customizable. I went with a full rear seat delete. The rear footwell area is additional storage with a reach-in lid as well as a vented side drop down reach-in at the door. The passenger side footwell will house my ARB Dual Chamber Compressor. The rear section that would be the rear seat and footwell area is flat for my Labs (2). Dirty Dog 4X4 cargo net divides the rear seat area from the back. Back will be a slide out for my Yeti (or a fridge) with a pullout that would easily house a camp stove on the left. Right side is a stacked drawer unit. However, I can remove the front of the unit and re-install my rear seat without disturbing the back unit portion.

Drawers: Heavy duty locking slide hardware. All drawers will have LED Lights and be lined with custom cut rubber mats.

General Design: Units are parametrically designed in Fusion 360 and custom cut on a CNC machine with all hardware pre-drilled including screws and expandable screw inserts specifically designed for plastic (no pull out). Units are easily customized for your needs/wants.

Installation: Units can ship anywhere in the US and you can assemble/install with basic hand tools in less than 3 hours (depending on your skill level and complexity of your unit).

Pricing: Will be comparable or less than others in the market (again, dependent upon your design).

Couple of photos of my units templated in MDF and a unit that went into the owner's FJ (don't hate on her...I'm trying to explain why Jeep is a superior platform to her! ?). You can see on the top of her unit the cut-outs for recess mounted Aircraft Style L-Track . My units are completely flat on top as I have the TeraFlex Wasatch Cargo Rack.

I'll put up a Build Thread shortly: 2018 JKU: L.o.t.M. (Last of the Mohicans)

View attachment 499725View attachment 499726View attachment 499727View attachment 499728View attachment 499727View attachment 499728

Very interested in this...

TG Smith

Install tomorrow!

Attachments

• F30E9D48-67BF-4F9E-B793-95170235A685.jpeg
    F30E9D48-67BF-4F9E-B793-95170235A685.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 6B7A34BF-5D92-4817-9E4E-B44D1E78CD62.jpeg
    6B7A34BF-5D92-4817-9E4E-B44D1E78CD62.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 06DA315E-4A36-489D-8554-7328B3E321F2.jpeg
    06DA315E-4A36-489D-8554-7328B3E321F2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30

CarrieHotSauce

Here are the install photos. We are making a few upgrades to mounts but for the most part, today went very well! I have to say it looks really sexy! My FJ "MAY" be a tad jealous!

Attachments

• O+AQtrTZS1OtukExG7mC1g.jpg
    O+AQtrTZS1OtukExG7mC1g.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • 2WhWcdAYQpeen1EY4yVEXw.jpg
    2WhWcdAYQpeen1EY4yVEXw.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • 7429CA4C-F8F5-4E75-A6AF-C9ECBA1CAA76.jpg
    7429CA4C-F8F5-4E75-A6AF-C9ECBA1CAA76.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 43
  • 88200C32-2DE0-401A-A742-C3A859E35D7B.jpg
    88200C32-2DE0-401A-A742-C3A859E35D7B.jpg