Storage of Large Bulky Items

HowardH

Adventurer
Curious as to solutions others have found for hauling things like.

wet dogs
firewood
ice chests
Muddy shoes
Waders
Basically large, bulky, wet, dirty items you’d prefer not to have in your camper or truck cab.

If you have a Prinsu you could put stuff on top(except the dogs, of course). Same for a hitch-mounted platform(another advantage of a truck camper). As for the pooches- wet dogs are just part of it...

HowardH

Adventurer
I’m not sure a rooftop rack is an option. Everything would have to go up and down via ladder.

Id forgot about hitch mounted racks. Those will help.

Zmanfj40

wet dogs
firewood
ice chests
Muddy shoes
Waders
Basically large, bulky, wet, dirty items you’d prefer not to have in your camper or truck cab.
The dogs we towel off as best as we can. For the other stuff we use a tote that we toss the waders or boots in. Maybe a hitch mounted carrier would work for you. We haul a pop up camper so don't use that but the tote ends up sliding in the camper with all that stuff.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

billiebob

wet dogs
firewood
ice chests
Muddy shoes
Waders
wet dogs, mine just jump in the truck..... and shake lol.
firewood, I NEVER carry it. Living in a forest where logging is the primary industry.... I know moving firewood between watersheds transport insects and disease..... so I source my firewood locally.... daily and after the intense forest fire years lately I don't even bother lighting a fire... EVER.
Ice Chests.... I now do the refrigerator and it has a dedicated, hard wired spot.
Muddy shoes..... I wear them and they are semi clean before I get in the cab or camper..... waders should always be clean, just wet, like the dog.

Not in the cab???? Really... I'd just stay home.
A weekly vacuum car wash laundry resolves all the issues.

My plan is to avoid any set up, cleaning, packing, I just want to park and go in the morning. No ladders, cargo boxes, keep it all easily accessible.
I camp to leave my anal retentive urges behind.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke