Street tired and rims needed

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I need a set of street tires and rims to swap in on my 98 Gen 2.5. It's seeing more and more use as a daily driver, with my 17 year old behind the wheel now. Looking for something more stable than the 33" BFG KM2's on there now, plus with better wear characteristics. Prefer to buy cheap and used :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Craigslist, yeah. I'm convinced there is a skill to using CL that I do not appear to have

limp_noodle

Adventurer
When shopping on CL narrow down your search to "auto parts" then from there search for whatever you need. (6x5.5, 32x11.5, etc) give me a region on CL and what exactly you're looking for and I'll help you out

Justice R

Adventurer
Got a set of stock rims and tires off a 99 gen2.5 that I need out of my garage, I'll have to check to see how much tread is on them though. let me know in the Temecula area. will seel them to you cheap.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Check out PickandPull. GM six bolt wheels should work too. I'm sure there's something on Craigslist for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I had a couple of PM's from folks relatively local to me. What happened to you guys? Please send me those photos of the tires and rims. I have cash in hand and can do business this Sunday afternoon....

earljuic3

Adventurer
Just to add on to billygoats post, I see montero wheels cheap on ebay and craigslist pretty frequently!

CoronaMan

This is my first reply/post here so here it goes...I have a 99 Montero, just bought with stock wheels and tires, very good tread. looking for 33's. I'm in the Corona, Calif area.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sorry to go dark on everyone here last week. All three of my vehicles broke down last week, requiring various piles of money to repair, putting quite a dent in my wheel & tire budget. I'm still looking, but now I'm looking in the $200 range.....

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Hey nwoods....are u looking to sell your BFG's?

No way man! These are my trail running shoes. Just want something for the street now that the Monty is a daily driver.
Very happy with them off road

Afton-Canyon-20140104_25-X3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior