Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Superu_legacy

Subaru-Coffee-Chocolate
Very clean, very nice!! *thumbs up*
I noticed the rain guards look like one-piece. details?

BTW, I know I guy in Eugene who can lift that for you ;)
Although, being so pristine it's probably best left stock.

Blessed Oregon!
Ciao,-mw-

MCObray

Explorer
Very clean, very nice!! *thumbs up*
I noticed the rain guards look like one-piece. details?

BTW, I know I guy in Eugene who can lift that for you ;)
Although, being so pristine it's probably best left stock.

Blessed Oregon!
Ciao,-mw-

MW,

Thanks! The rain guards are one piece, that are applied on the body. The adhesive on them is actually coming loose and there is a slight whining noise at HWY speeds so I plan on to remove the rain guards, unless there is a way to get them to stick again.

I've actually been thinking about lifting it, just 1" Subtle kit though. I'll have to get his/her name from you if I end up going that route.

Toecutter1978

aja5erez.jpg

Just did the tint. Still have to mount the compressor

trabkabab

Awesome rig you got there. How much of a mileage hit have you seen with the RTT? I'm thinking of getting one for a trip to South America for my Subaru Baja and I'm considering an RTT over a typical camping tent.

DSCN4035.JPG

Finished another little mod recently, almost ready to brave the mall.

E.J.

Explorer
Thank you. I dip down to 19-20 overall mpg with the tent and usually average around 22-23 without it. I run a Yakima basket when the tent is off.
Let's see a pic of the Baja, I love those cartrucks.

trabkabab

That's not too bad. I get about 24 with my truck cap and tire on top, so I'm anticipating a slight drop, but 19-20 isn't bad at all. Here's an old picture. The only recent additions is a custom skid plate, truck cap and tire mount on top of the truck cap. I'll see if I can find some recent photos.

Subaru.jpg

trabkabab

Thanks! I have a 2" body lift kit from an Australian manufacturer (totally forgot the name) and King Springs. I managed to squeeze 215/70/16 tires under there too. I'm looking to install a JDM dual range transmission one day...

coppertop_01

Crazy Ginger
image.jpgimage.jpg

How do you like the king springs, I've been tossing around the springs or doing a forester big lift to my 2011 wrx

Attached is a pic of my rig with my custom built tent trailer last week in the bush north of toronto

Jer

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
King springs are awesome,very strong and very precidable, I run'm on my WRX recce car. Both King and DMS manufacture great single and double progrssive springs. With both you can really throw the car into turns, yet body roll is very firm and controlled. But, depending on what you want them for, spring weight needs to matched to your dampers (or vice versa)

coppertop_01

Crazy Ginger
I've been leaning towards the king springs with one size larger gravel tires since I still like to toss the car into corners and have some fun with her, but getting it 3.5" up on forester setup and 27" swampers just sounds like a lot of fun as well. Won't happen for a while, so I've got some time to decide.....

Superu_legacy

Subaru-Coffee-Chocolate
Props!! Great looking Baja and sweet lift!! From another mudrat baja bumper owner (the 4th one made ;) !
I've got info on dual range EJ5MTs (I have one of those too ;) and they're becoming more common and easier to find now (thanks to JDM importers and eBay).
When/if you want more info and suggestions for what to look for and how to modify it, I have important details (like gearing ratios, models etc) from my 8 yrs research and more newer info that's been trickling into the interwebs.

Ciao,
-mw-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94