Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

ExDementia

Adventurer
I appreciate that ADF fabricated that lift but that car verges on the automotive equivalent of a bro truck. 90 lbs wheel/tire combo, 9 mpg and 150 miles per tank. With stock gearing, I can't even imagine what acceleration is like, or braking.

I place value on substance and usability over extreme though and just as much or more could probably have been accomplished with half that lift and wheel/tire combo. But if you want to be seen/looked at then that's where it's at for sure.

At least he uses it:

muddy-outback.jpg

That's more than you can say for most "bro trucks"

Stroverlander

Adventurer
At least he uses it:

That's more than you can say for most "bro trucks"

Yeah, the article says it's a daily driver and went to the off-road park to test which was also a sweet photo op. :)

Unique it is and I appreciate that, just can't past all the extra mass of wheel/tire combo penalty, but then again (and as mentioned) I don't have to.

Dementia, I've been following your Allroad build with interest as I've always really liked them and came close to owning one but went in another direction. Nice to see yours up and running, I'll get over there and post eventually.

Last edited:

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
My forester in it's natural enviroment.

20170218_121817.jpg

Attachments

• 20170218_075842.jpg
    20170218_075842.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
20170220_112800.jpg

It's been too warm for the Forester's blizzaks latelty so rather than swap the summers back on I took the Blazer. 700/25 bike tires are no good in mud , haha

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
20161207_112514.jpg
Really like the new rubber on the OB.
BFG Advantage T/A Pro. Does nice in the nasty mud. Was great up at Tahoe in the snow and ice. Not too luggy it hurts road performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior