Sunvisor / Vanity Mirror Lights Not Working

TheMole

Adventurer
Is there a separate fuse for these lights? Both of mine do not work when you flip up the plastic cover. I already tried replacing the bulbs with new ones, but nothing.

jlocster

Explorer
The wire that feeds the vanity light is run from above the headliner into to the sunvisor via a channel in the metal sunvisor attachment bracket/pivot. This wire gets pinched and eventually cut from the movement of the sunvisor. Remove the sunvisor and splice in a new wire to complete the circuit. You might need to open up the vanity light mechanism in the visor to hide some of the wire connectors. Also, make sure you use very thin wire for the fix (18 or 20 gauge). If the new wire you use is too thick it will quickly get pinched/cut and you'll be doing the repair all over again.

Last edited:

TheMole

Adventurer
jlocster, you were right my man the wire completely sheared off from my driver's side sunvisor. I added some wire and reconnected it, but still didn't work. I decided to tighten all the screws a little bit more and it finally worked. The screws under the plastic light diffuser act as grounds and must have been a bit loose. The passenger visor wiring was still good so I just tightened up the screws and it worked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles