Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

Going_Wild

Looking to purchase someone's build slot and will pay a premium. I just purchased a sweet Gladiator and would love to get it rigged this summer! Hoping someone out there doesn't need their slot for some reason.

Huck

Couple things:
1. The Front Runner wind fairing seems to be working well generally. There is a drawback though, namely that because it's technically connected to the bed of the truck, when the vehicle flexes, it causes the rubber section of the fairing to rub on the roof. I only really notice this when it's wet in the dew and I'm driving slowly and then it squeaks quite a bit. Not a showstopper for me, but slightly annoying.
1. Front runner load bars are a great and cheaper alternative to something like a Yakima setup. I priced out the Yakima setup with either aero or HD bars and it ends up being between $600-700 before tax. These Front runner bars cost $245. I asked them about the off-road weight limit and they said 220lbs. Less than the HD bars but more than the aero.

The Super Pacific is 56.5" wide at the top and these bars are 58" so there's a small overhang. I'll be mounting them on the truck this weekend and can post photos but the feet will keep a pretty low profile as they are only a couple of inches tall.

I'll just be mounting maxtrax and surfboards up there.

Huck

Oh by the way, the Front Runner cross bars look good and are pretty low profile. I will say, what a pain in the ******** to mount! The small area to get your fingers and a wrench in there, and the order of assembly makes mounting so annoying! I definitely had a fleeting thought that spending the extra $500 might have been worth it.

On a side note, I'm slowly putting together a platform to hold some gear, act as benches, and for the kids to sleep on. Using 10-series extrusions from Tnutz. Photo is just of the narrower driver's side section. The part closest to the tailgate will be sized to fit 4 Step 22 Stingray bags.

Passenger side (not yet shown) will sit behind and flush (width- and height-wise) with a domeIMG_1363.jpgtic fridge on a slide.

Mania

On a side note, I'm slowly putting together a platform to hold some gear, act as benches, and for the kids to sleep on. Using 10-series extrusions from Tnutz. Photo is just of the narrower driver's side section. The part closest to the tailgate will be sized to fit 4 Step 22 Stingray bags.

That's sweet. What will you use for shelving?

Huck

Sorry was out of pocket all weekend at a mountain bike race.

The plan is to use 1/4" plywood for the inner shelves, slotted inside the extrusion gaps. That way the portion of the extrusion above will act as a bit of a retainer for the bags. The piece of ply will be pretty small so I doubt I'll see any flex since the weight will be relatively light.

Then on top I plan to use a 1/2" plywood, probably with some laminate but I'm trying to source something local since shipping sheets is expensive so I'll be a bit flexible with that.

Spencer for Hire

Oh by the way, the Front Runner cross bars look good and are pretty low profile. I will say, what a pain in the ******** to mount! The small area to get your fingers and a wrench in there, and the order of assembly makes mounting so annoying! I definitely had a fleeting thought that spending the extra $500 might have been worth it.

Passenger side (not yet shown) will sit behind and flush (width- and height-wise) with a domeView attachment 709235tic fridge on a slide.
H there What flooring and bed wall fabric are you using? Did you get the mini or full size Stingray bags?

Huck

It's the BedRug Impact Liner, really love it!

I just have it in there now without any of the adhesive strips right now but in a couple of weekends I'll take everything out and get it all fastened down properly.

Huck

I got the full size ones. I’ll take a pic of the in progress build with them in place tomorrow.

those Step 22 bags are hard to get right now I think, but they are trying to ramp up production to meet demand based on an email I received last week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles