super singles, how many spares

unkamonkey

Explorer
Probably best to be set up for 2 spares. I know a guy that managed to pop both tires on the right side of his LC within 10 feet out in Utah. By luck, there was a guy that had 2 spares in his truck.

unkamonkey

Explorer
The only other thing that I have stated before is to tighten up the lug nuts with the tools you will need to change it yourself so you can do it.

Consensus is two!

You cannot go anywhere worth going without at least 2x spare wheels.

Plus...

1. You are going to need an easy method of loading and unloading those heavy wheels from your vehicle without breaking your back
2. You need the correct tools to loosen those darn wheel nuts! (there are plenty good manual tools available for this but we are taking it a bit further on our vehicle: I am busy installing a 40L dedicated air tank that can be linked to another 10L air tank, the smaller tank currently supplies my air suspension, plus a heavy duty 220v compressor to give me 10 bar worth of pressure off which I can run an air impact wrench)

Why give up the luxuries when in the bush.... the reason we are building these vehicles in the first place right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior