Sure-Fire Ways to Improve Your Roof Top Tent

rat patrol

Adventurer
Mike, can you confirm that these will bolt in place of the older 12v ones?
And this does use batteries correct?

If it is as simple as removing the 12v one and replacing it with the LED one, I will buy one from you.

Thanks...

hahaha - nice :)

Anyone got any more 12V friendly cooling ideas?

I'm thinking a solar panel with a direct feed to a fan - so as the sun comes up the fan will automatically kick on??

Still a few weeks before I get my tent and can start experimenting though :)

I'd like to see more on this too. Its not UAE hot here but then once its over a 100f it doesn't really matter.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Nice, I thought that was off a ladder jack until I noticed the cable. :)

Hmm. How about using a smaller, thick peice of plastic or aluminum that could flip over and go under the mattress with a retracting wire/cord reel to attach to hold it up?

Hmm. How about using a smaller, thick peice of plastic or aluminum that could flip over and go under the mattress with a retracting wire/cord reel to attach to hold it up?

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be hinged so as to simply flip back in when done, eh? I think that sort of thing would sell like hotcakes to RTT owners.

Me? I like mine the way it is. Nice shower mat, nice little table, and nice front porch. Bonus: it looks good with the wooden Eezi-Awn. :)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
That's a pretty cool idea! It would be hinged so as to simply flip back in when done, eh? I think that sort of thing would sell like hotcakes to RTT owners.

Me? I like mine the way it is. Nice shower mat, nice little table, and nice front porch. Bonus: it looks good with the wooden Eezi-Awn. :)

If my RTT was still only at bed level I would come up with something. I guess it would help with a little more room up there though.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I picked up some of those LED string lights off Ebay (runs off a couple AAs) and wrapped one of the strands around the middle bar in my RTT and they work great!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I have two cig lighter outputs in my trailer's nose box and a cig lighter extension cord to bring an outlet into the tent as needed.

PS: consider the really nice USB dual outlet device that Sierra Expedition sells. The rectangular plate comes off and it fits in the same hole as a regular cig lighter outlet.

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=8670

I have a cig socket and the dual USB port outlets from SE. I am going to wire in a 12 v. outlet box and put those in it. I just have to get to Home Depot to find the box.

kingg5

Adventurer
Have you bought one... whats the feed back on this pad... does it work?

they have been used in the marine world for many many years. basically all id does is support your mattrress above the surface where the condensation appears. very very smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles