Suspension Airbag Controller

georgeofthedesert

Hey,
I have a FWC Swift that has been on order for a while (placed last June) and at the end of this year/early next year it should finally be ready, so I'm starting to get things ready. The plan is to use airbags to help the suspension in the back. In my research last summer I came across something that I can't seem to find anywhere and I'm hoping this forum can help. I have no clue what it's called and I'm not familiar enough to know if I have the terminology correct, so hopefully this description isn't super horrible. The best way I can describe it was an in-cab controller for the airbags. Basically it was a small gauge (maybe slightly larger the deck of cards) they had in the lower left side of their windshield area. There were two digital 2-digit read-outs side by side that read the left and right airbag pressure. Above each of those was an up arrow button that will inflate the corresponding side. Below each pressure readout was a down arrow that would deflate the corresponding side. So the process to inflate the airbags is flip the compressor on and once it's ready you can inflate the airbags with the up arrow button to whatever the needed pressure was, all from inside the cab of the truck. With my searching I can't find that controller anywhere and what I'm finding will work in a similar but they are much much larger and less slick the one I saw (analog tacks and toggle lever switches). I thought it would be easy to track down later so I never saved it and it's been long enough that I can't even remember what forum/site/maybe magazine I saw that in.

Does anyone know what controller that was or have any that are similar?

georgeofthedesert

That' something I'm looking at for an option, and really close but not exactly it. The one I saw worked with an ARB compressor and I'm not sure if that if that air lift controller does. Thanks for the reply, do you have experience with the airlifts? My original plan for the ARB was to mount it under the truck bed and from research the ARB seems rugged enough to deal with the dirt/water that will be under there, what are your thoughts on the airlift mounting under the truck bed?

ADVology

That' something I'm looking at for an option, and really close but not exactly it. The one I saw worked with an ARB compressor and I'm not sure if that if that air lift controller does. Thanks for the reply, do you have experience with the airlifts? My original plan for the ARB was to mount it under the truck bed and from research the ARB seems rugged enough to deal with the dirt/water that will be under there, what are your thoughts on the airlift mounting under the truck bed?

You were probably looking at the ARB LINX system: https://linx.arb.com.au/

ScottReb

Adventurer
Firestone makes one or did a few years ago. Quad control I believe was the name. Airlift has a similar one. Cruisemaster makes their own, I'm not sure if you can buy it separately.
They're called air suspension controllers.

georgeofthedesert

You were probably looking at the ARB LINX system: https://linx.arb.com.au/

That Linx setup looks really nice and not mondo expensive like I have found with other controllers. Some of the more fancy ones in my google searching were like $3k (I assume that is a lot more than just a controller). I was originally ruling out the phone app options because if something malfunctioned I would notice it faster if the pressures were right there in my face. But I think that isn't super needed and I think you can set alarms with the Linx app. That will probably be what I go with.

edit: After watching some videos on the Linx system, that looks exactly like what I was looking for. Thanks for passing that along

Firestone makes one or did a few years ago. Quad control I believe was the name. Airlift has a similar one. Cruisemaster makes their own, I'm not sure if you can buy it separately.
They're called air suspension controllers.

Thanks for clarifying what they are officially called, that will definitely help with trying to find all available options.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles