Suspension bushings... why do people say no urathane?

redraif

The uphill battle begins
So I'm still figuring out the whole 4x4 thing... I'm used to muscle cars and sports cars. I've swapped my "other" cars over to urathane bushings.

The sports bushings I'm sure are do for replacement. I'm at 240,000 miles. I'm sure they are original, the PO was not to great with keeping up with its care. I was researching on here and over on monterosport online... so I see that urathane is not really available for the sports. One thread I saw it said not to use it. Why are urathane bushings not recommended for our application?

kmlacroix

Explorer
Rubber bushings absorb more shock, giving a softer ride. They are easier on the equipment. Urethane bushing are better for high performance applications where occupant comfort and component life are of less concern. The rubber ones are cheaper too.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
For the most part, rubber does its part in absorbing vibes and bumps, while some urethane bushings are way too stiff. Urethane can cause squeaks. Your factory rubber is still under the truck- chances are a 2nd set of bushings made from the same stuff will outlast everything else on it.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Super Pro makes Polyurethane bushings for your Sport, But the cons are like posted above that they are squeaky and will ride much firmer but they will last longer.

I use OEM "Super Rubber" for some reason the Mitsu rubber is way better than normal aftermarket rubber. Although aftermarket bushings are super cheap and lifetime warranty i'm burned out on replacing them ever 3 months. Mitsu rubber is good for years of service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier