Suspension Upgrade and Lifting

OverlandMitsu

So not sure if this is in the right section...but. I am doing some research on getting the most lift out of our Outlander Sport. There are a few ways to get 1-2" but I'd really like to do a possible coil over swap either from a different make/model or a good aftermarket approach. We'd like to achieve around a 4-5" if possible. I know they'll be a lot of fab work and customization which we have no problem doing. One of the main things I am concerned with is drive shaft angles. The vehicle is only FWD but we are looking into doing a AWD swap from an outlander that has all the AWD components which we have been piecing together. Unfortunately body lift is out of the books so can only rely on a good suspension re-work.

Would you recommend starting off with finding makes/models that share a similar plateform that offer a lift or doing a complete aftermarket coil over swap and welding up new brackets/mounts etc..?

Someone photoshopped this outlander but it has the height we are after :)

Thanks for any and all info!
Off_Road_Outlander_.jpg

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I go with the best available shock/strut combo at standard height, then build a subframe drop. Maybe 4" then clearance the fenders to make additional room for tires. I imagine you could get 32's shoehorned in there with the right amount of work, wouldn't go too big though because of the lack of low range. CVT is pretty low so around town shouldn't be terrible, stay skinny.

OverlandMitsu

Ok thanks mate, we recently just installed new 29" A/T's and I can say I do feel a bit of a difference in performance but nothing too bad. I can pick up a few performance parts which should help this a bit...I will do more look into a subframe drop and see what can be done for an Outlander Sport. I know the regular Outlander from 2007-13 shares the same suspension so there may be a few options that route too. Thanks again

Toasty

There used to be a guy named Sato that made 6" subframe lift kits for the Outlander in Japan but he's since disappeared from the internet. Here's the only picture i could find of one of his Outlanders.

images

Mudjayson makes a kit but i have no idea what it is.

hiroc256.jpg

Toasty

I was going to build a lift kit for the Outlander as well but i'd need to buy another one, I love 2nd Gen GT's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior