Suzuki samurai TDI , Pinzgauer TDI

pviljoen

I am just in the process of finishing up my build on the samurai TDI and getting ready to start on the Pinzgauer build.
I did the Sammy project, because I blew the engine and always wanted a diesel Sammy. So the Pinzgauer project had to be put on the cooler for the duration.

But I am glad I did. Learned so much about he diesel engine, wiring, where to get parts, whom to rely on for doing work for you and whom to avoid.

Before some of you scream at me. Yes it wil be a body off restoration of the Pinzi. At the same time a minor upgrade of all the system and then building the camper ontop and into the Pinzi.
First vwas replacing all the shocks and coils with coil overs. This help solve the nose dive problem of the Pinzi under hard tracking. And yes all the originals parts no longer used will be forsale. That includes the complete engine, still in running condition, wiring harness, dash board complete, brakes system and all other 24 v systems.
The engine will be a 2.5 l VW tdi mated to a 6 speed transmission.
Disc brakes all around. Rebuild shafts, coil overs all around, 12v system prefab harness.
Camper will have a double bed, kitchen cooking area, portable fridge freezer while closely watching the weight.
Pictures to follow soon.

BTW way the tdi harness was not such a big issue as originally suspected to be.

mspeters

Can't wait to see the Pinz drivetrain splicing.

I transplanted a 1.9 IDI in a M422A1 mighty mite. Prior pics on this forum.
Moving from air cooled to accomodating a proper sized radiator, air intake & cooling fan took revisions.
The new Spal brushless variable speed fans finally solved my needs

pviljoen

Love the build

Great build. I am in the process and after seeing your rig, have been supercharged to get mine finished.

:Wow1:

pviljoen

I had a radiator custom made to fit on the nose of the Pinzi. The nosecone is what the new pinzi's have. That way I can use the funnel for the aircooler and oil cooler.
q3o6qkh.jpg

RvkSNYk.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94