Swing-Out Trash Bags

carbon60

Explorer
So, my black Trasharoo, while having been incredibly tough and absorbing tons of abuse, has been murdered by Ottawa's UV radiation in less than two years. I live in this truck and the Trasharoo is the only trash can I own, so I'm not sure I blame it.

I need to replace it, though, so what are the current options?
  1. Another Trasharoo, expecting another 18-24 12 or fewer months of useful life.
  2. Blue Ridge Overland Gear's Tire Storage Bag XL. (thanks @trecash6850 )
  3. Truckruck from Ferro Concepts.
  4. Howling Moon Wheelie Bin (thanks @spressomon )
  5. Kakadu Spare Wheel and Accessory Bag (Thanks @bj70_guy )
  6. James Baroud EcoBag
  7. North Bound Expeditions Inc G.A.R.B.
  8. ARB 4X4 Track Pack Series II
  9. LUSB Oscar's Mobile Hideout
Any others on the market, now?

Thanks,

A.

Last edited:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Good find, that looks much better than, actually.

How long have you had yours exposed to UV?

A.

Its been sitting outside for 4-years without any visible degradation. Previously I had an MSA 4x4 tire bag I brought in from AU which eventually rotted out. But if I had to buy the Howling Moon again, I'd do so without reservation. It also has a large #10 YKK (or similar quality) and is a fairly large bag (much larger than my former MSA).

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel
Either of those bags would be more attractive without giant logos on them.

IMG_6010_1024x1024.jpg

large_25600_HM_Wheelie_Bin4.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
You could always paint over the logo. I find a logo that large visibly excessive, sort of takes over the vehicle that carries it.
The bag is a good choice, and the rubberized or plasticized fabric less prone to having trail dust stick to it as it does on my Trasheroo. The bag started out black but now is sort of a brownish color even though I wash it after each trip and the fabric fades easily.

edit: going back over this posting saying I washed the Trasheroo meant that I hang it over the clothes line in the yard and hose it off, not in a machine.

Last edited:

carbon60

Explorer
Well, Trasharoon is replacing my bag for free. Fantastic customer service, as well. They did say that, for the cost of the fabric, it's as good as it's going to get. I might soak it in UV protector, maybe get an extra year of the new one.

bj70_guy

Adventurer
Well, Trasharoon is replacing my bag for free. Fantastic customer service, as well. They did say that, for the cost of the fabric, it's as good as it's going to get. I might soak it in UV protector, maybe get an extra year of the new one.

Mine and some of my friends' Trasharoos have all failed at the straps. Had planned on coating the straps on a new one with 303 Aerospace Protectant to see if it helped the longevity, but a few of us ended up trying the OzTrail instead. Long term jury is out so far.

And I agree with modernbeat, I wish the logo was a lot smaller. Mine doesn't stay clean for very long, so it's a lot less noticeable in no time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles