Swing-Out Trash Bags

aaen

Adventurer
I am seriously contemplating getting one of the truck rucks, sadly they are never in stock and i have been on the restock list for quite awhile. Made in Calgary, Alberta, well I think it was Calgary, or somewhere in the area. Little pricey, but from the ones i have seen in the wild they looked better quality and hold up longer in the sun from the few people i know whom have them.

My trasharoo is shy of two years old and i take it on and off as I need it, because the last one i had was like it melted in the sunlight. Granted what material will not degrade in the sun.

The blue ridge ones, well I am not overly fond of it, personally.

carbon60

Explorer
I am seriously contemplating getting one of the truck rucks, sadly they are never in stock and i have been on the restock list for quite awhile. Made in Calgary, Alberta, well I think it was Calgary, or somewhere in the area. Little pricey, but from the ones i have seen in the wild they looked better quality and hold up longer in the sun from the few people i know whom have them.
(…)
The blue ridge ones, well I am not overly fond of it, personally.

Can you pro/con the Truck Ruck vs the Blue Ridge product?

aaen

Adventurer
I don't really think there is a pro/con that I can really state that would sway my decision one way or another. The Blue ridge products, well lets just say i am not a fan boy of their kit. I have some of it, and some are great, some badly designed. My last two experiences with the company have pretty much sworn me off of them, that being said I love their tool roll/pouch.

I'll continue to use my trasharoo until it is trashed by the sun our the truck ruck becomes available again.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Yeah David13, I wash the thing, you don't? I also wash my clothes, my Rover, and clean the rest of my kit and refill anything that got used after a trip. So I am ready to go the next time.

Chris21700

Observer
A bit ridiculous to compare an outside trash can to clothes you wear .. unless you wear your trash cans as clothes... no I don’t wash my trash cans dust off of them...

Cracks me up, you wash your trasheroo after dust gets on it... rofl....

I never wash mine either, but I'm sure if I did it would add to the life expectancy. Sand/dust quickly eats away at the fabric.

On another note, after going through several Trasharoos myself, I recently got the Blue Ridge XL trash bag. Haven't mounted it yet, but impressed with the quality (and that of other items I've ordered from them). One of the things that attracted me to that bag it the ease at which it comes off the tire. The bag itself is separate from the mounting system, so it just takes a few seconds to disconnect the two if you're not needing the bag on there. It's also compatible with their traction mat bag, so you can "stack" both on the tire.

RichJacot

Observer
We never wash our Trasharoo either. As Chris21700 suggests it might add to it's life expectancy bit I doubt it. At least in my case anyway. The sun has about killed the buckles and upper elastic straps on ours. They're getting pretty brittle and I don't expect them to last much longer. The fabric is great though, no tears or fraying. Once I noticed what the sun was doing to the buckles I started sliding the sleeves on the straps over the buckles.

We've had it several years and once it goes we won't hesitate in getting another.

carbon60

Explorer
We never wash our Trasharoo either. As Chris21700 suggests it might add to it's life expectancy bit I doubt it. At least in my case anyway. The sun has about killed the buckles and upper elastic straps on ours. They're getting pretty brittle and I don't expect them to last much longer. The fabric is great though, no tears or fraying.

That's interesting, since I have the opposite: fabric is completely done, straps and buckles look like new.

whitenoise

Adventurer
Any more feedback on the oztrail one? Its the only one with external pockets for odds and ends separate from the main compartment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94