Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I could care less where my Columbia gear is made. Its well priced, just as good as the higher priced brands when it comes to wear, warmth and comfort. Columbia takes their gear seriously with a lifetime warranty on all their products.

Sempertoy

Explorer
not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but triple aught design produces high quality gear all made in the US.

JLee

Adventurer
I'd like to get away from jeans into something more practical - just ordered a pair of prAna Stretch Zions from Amazon for a touch under $60. Kuhl may be next on my list to try (I'm looking for clothing that I can wear in an office as well).

I have a pair of Wrangler cargo pants that I bought a while ago but rarely wore...I wore them for damn near a week on my last trip. They were great, especially considering the price!

JLee

Adventurer
After two weeks wearing prAna Stretch Zion pants, they've displaced anything else I own for comfort and practicality. I'm going to pick up another pair and probably won't wear anything else until I find another brand to try (I may look for the Mountain Khaki booth at Overland Expo East).

maktruk

Observer
I love the tactical operators from lapolicegear.com. Ripstop nylon, gusseted crotch, accepts kneepads, $22 a pair so if I thrash them there's no crying. If I'm wearing long pants when wheeling, these are it.

Bummer, too few posts to put up a link. Ah well, exercise thy Google-****

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dman93

Adventurer
I've lost a lot of weight in the past few years and have trouble finding something with enough room in the thighs and crotch that doesn't droop at the butt. I recently picked up a pair of REI brand Screeline shorts. They fit incredibly well; snug at the waist and butt, but roomy below, with a gusseted crotch, yet not at all baggy looking or feeling. They also have long pants in the Screeline style, and I would expect them to fit similarly. Fabric is fairly light nylon, so they're not suitable for tough work pants, but are nicely finished and have a discreet zipped pocket on the right side that has plenty of room for a wallet and/or larger smart phone with case. I have similar Marmot, North Face, Royal Robbins and Columbia pants, as well as Carrharts, and these are my favorites now.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Just picked up a pair of Columbia lightweight pants at the outlet store in tampa (lutz). I love them, very lightweight and really comfortable. and for 29.00 bucks down from 65.00. DEAL!

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I enjoy my Carhartts mostly but the weight is killer. Their lighter weight cargos are comfy but they don't seem to hold up as well as their heavier stuff. Absolutely love my Kuhl pants but the price sucks, reason I only have one pair. However, they are extremely tough, surprisingly lightweight, and wear great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz