Tacoma Battery Cable Length's ?

Suty

Adventurer
I am sure this has been asked and answered before , but here goes. I have a grreat battery box for a Optima Battery. I want to install it with a yellow top (perferably) or a red (second). The Red Reverse Post (34R) works, but it's not a yellow and leaves no extra post connections.......Has Anyone out there extended the Positive Battey Cable as well as the Main Power cable to the Fuse Box ? If so what did ya do? Tu Compadres, Suty

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I have a yellow top ( not rev) I was able to flex the White power cable from the fuse box as well as make a small cut in the plastic fuse housing to give me enough room to make the connection to the positive ( with new and different post terminals. Almost a year later and no problems

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
SInce the basic optima is symetrical why not tun it 180 that will "revere" the posts. I had no prblem putting in the optima other then having to modify the attery mounting bracket since it's not as tall.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Making an Optima fit!

Suty said:
I am sure this has been asked and answered before , but here goes. I have a grreat battery box for a Optima Battery. I want to install it with a yellow top (perferably) or a red (second). The Red Reverse Post (34R) works, but it's not a yellow and leaves no extra post connections.......Has Anyone out there extended the Positive Battey Cable as well as the Main Power cable to the Fuse Box ? If so what did ya do? Tu Compadres, Suty

Suty,
As I mentioned via PM.
On the batteries, I'm not sure if you have already seen these options but here you go anyhow:
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3 (this option is nearly identical to Option 1, except for using a Yellow Top instead of a Red Top.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck. :victory:

Cheers :beer:,
P

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
here are a few photos for you

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1382.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg