Tacoma Roof Flex

Full size Chevy driver here...don’t shoot, don’t shoot ?...looking for some advice from extended cab Tacoma owners with the suicide doors. I’m thinking about installing roof rack tracks on my XC Silverado with the suicide doors. I get some flex in the body without the “B” pillars and I imagine you do also. For those with rack tracks, have you ever had problems with the flexing? Screw pops, etc. Thanks in advance for your comments.

PIC4GOD

Adventurer
Full size Chevy driver here...don’t shoot, don’t shoot ...looking for some advice from extended cab Tacoma owners with the suicide doors. I’m thinking about installing roof rack tracks on my XC Silverado with the suicide doors. I get some flex in the body without the “B” pillars and I imagine you do also. For those with rack tracks, have you ever had problems with the flexing? Screw pops, etc. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Please tell me you didn't just screw the rack into the roof? I have a FJ which has suicide doors and a roof rack. Everything is bolted in place through the roof with a nut on the interior. I've never had issues with the rack. Not even a leak which happens when the bolts are not sealed properly. Hopefully my literal interpretation of screws popping out didn't actually happen in your post.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier