Tacoma Winch Recommendation

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Looks like the voting is done...

Join the M8000 club! I sure love mine!

With a pulley(s) winch block their is nothing that you can't over come.....for the most part:)

Agree with the 2 posts above. I have an M8000 with 3/8" synthetic line and roll at 4600 lbs. When I've run line the winch has had no problems extricating me from my predicament! With the rest of the recovery gear like a good snatch block, straps, etc., you should be good to go.

KG6BWS

Explorer
Another option is the MileMarker PEC8000. I have one in my ARB on my 04 DC. The only problems Ive had with mine are the solenoid pack, more specifically the computer inside, but its still served me well for about 3 years.

Even though MM says you cant clock the clutch lever on the 8000, you can. I did it on mine. Ive got it pointing straight down. Its a little more involved than on the Warn, but it still only took me about a half hour or so.

FlexdXJ

Adventurer
Can't really go wrong with a Warn winch. The other stuff is way too expensive due to the name IMHO but the winches are top notch. I paid a fraction of what their armor retails for on my jeep and the quality is just as good and made in Michigan. I ordered the harness and bulbs for my lightforces through sierra expeditions and their shipping is quick! I'd order from them in a heartbeat!

Westy

Adventurer
Buy used and save

If you are looking to save some bucks but still want a quality winch and have the time and energy to look at second hand deals then I would not hesitate one minute to buy a Warn or similar quality winch that is used but in good condition.

The M8000 I own is going on 10+ years. It operates like new still. I guarantee many MANY others have the same experience with their Warn winches.

I am sure there are also good Ramsey and Superwinch options available as well, I just have zero long term experience with these though.

I would stay away from knockoff stuff made in China.

piercearrowinc

Supporting Sponsor
We have a Pierce 9,000 lb. that comes with all the accessories and only costs $509.99. It pulls 28.2 fpm on the first wrap. It features a single solenoid design for long solenoid life. Check out our youtube video to see it run. If you are concerned about weight and want to a smaller unit you might consider our PS6000 - it only weights 55 lbs and costs $355.99.

Last edited:

piercearrowinc

Supporting Sponsor
Pierce is primarily known in the towing and wrecking industries for worm gear electric and hydraulic winches. When a winch is used in the field daily you have to trust in your equipment. We've listened to our friends in the field and learned how our products can better serve them.

We believe in our electric series because we modified the solenoid assembly to better serve the customer. We eliminated the can style solenoid that's liable to stick for a compact single solenoid.

Pierce also offers the best value for the price. It's hard to beat a winch kit that includes your roller guide, cable, snatch block, remote and 9,000 lb. winch for $509.99. We are able to keep our prices low because our overhead is low. Pierce is located in a small town and are not housed in a flashy building, we do not spend an arm and a leg on advertising, we employ a small yet dedicated team, and we are all around do-it-yourselfers. Pierce will work the hardest to make you, the customer, happy.

We chose to be an Expedition Portal sponsor because of your devotion to each other, experience in the field and family-friendly environment. We've been family owned since 1976. Additionally, I, as a woman who is new to the world of off-road, feel very comfortable and welcome in this forum. I'm thankful for the experience and the expertise you share.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Pierce is primarily known in the towing and wrecking industries for worm gear electric and hydraulic winches. When a winch is used in the field daily you have to trust in your equipment. We've listened to our friends in the field and learned how our products can better serve them.

We believe in our electric series because we modified the solenoid assembly to better serve the customer. We eliminated the can style solenoid that's liable to stick for a compact single solenoid.

Pierce also offers the best value for the price. It's hard to beat a winch kit that includes your roller guide, cable, snatch block, remote and 9,000 lb. winch for $509.99. We are able to keep our prices low because our overhead is low. Pierce is located in a small town and are not housed in a flashy building, we do not spend an arm and a leg on advertising, we employ a small yet dedicated team, and we are all around do-it-yourselfers. Pierce will work the hardest to make you, the customer, happy.

We chose to be an Expedition Portal sponsor because of your devotion to each other, experience in the field and family-friendly environment. We’ve been family owned since 1976. Additionally, I, as a woman who is new to the world of off-road, feel very comfortable and welcome in this forum. I’m thankful for the experience and the expertise you share.

Welcome to ExPo!!! :coffeedrink:

RU55ELL

Explorer
Tabitha, thanks for the info. I have read that it is slow, but strong. Of course, the object isn't to get unstuck at warp speed, unless you are competing, which I would venture to guess that none of us are. :)

DblD

Adventurer
Hi Tabitha,
Can you (or anyone else) comment on the compatibility of your PS9000 winch with the ARB line of bumpers? I understand I need a 10 x 4.5 mounting bolt pattern. However I’m afraid that the solenoid will prevent me from mounting in the bumper. Also, I looked on your website and could not figure out if Pierce winches are made in the US or imported. Not a big deal to me but nice to know for future reference. Welcome to the forum – any big sales coming up or discounts for Expo Members?:)

Thanks,
dd

joker2041

Adventurer
I found on another site some guys talking about pierce winches, and there was no negative feedback or positive, but it did say that there electric winches are NOT made in the USA.

Now this is just what I found thanks to google. I have no practical experience with Pierce or any personal opinion. Just thought I would let you guys know what I found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz