Talk me out of a 2000 LC

gaberelli

Observer
So, my '06 4Runner bit the dust (a rusty death) this spring and I had to buy a replacement quickly. Best deal locally at the time was a 2006 GX470.

Now I see a 2000 LC here in town that is one owner with 120k on it with timing belt done (my GX needs its done). List price is $13,999 but inquired about a trade. If I can get close to even up, should I do it? I wish it were a 2003+ with the 5spd but...pull the trigger if the deal is right?

Pangle

Wanderer
I own a 2000 LC with 376k...... you could never tell if you didnt know the mileage. The GX is also great. Go with the LC if you need more space, and I assume it has less miles than your GX.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The reasons to get a mini truck/Taco/4Runner/GX are cost, size and MPG. If those things don't carry weight in your situation I can't see many reasons not to get a 80/100/200 series. As with any vehicle it's difficult to really value what you have now vs. an unknown. You've spent time on your GX and you might get a Cruiser with issues.

gaberelli

Observer
Mostly just looking for the extra space when it is needed. I rarely drive as I WFH and we have another GX470 (an '08) that we can use for long trips back to MN from NC. Biggest concern is transmission...if it were an '03 I'd be all over it.

MTSN

Explorer
It’s all subjectivity here - only you know what would work better for you. I highly doubt you would come out on top financially as most dealers aren’t in the biz of straight up trades. If you want a 100, get one, but it doesn’t sound like you want this one.

gaberelli

Observer
It’s all subjectivity here - only you know what would work better for you. I highly doubt you would come out on top financially as most dealers aren’t in the biz of straight up trades. If you want a 100, get one, but it doesn’t sound like you want this one.
I think you are right. Going to wait for an '06 when I can afford one.

gentimmy

Damn...that's some level-headed reasoning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz