Tennessee shops

punisher1130

Adventurer
Not sure if this is the right spot for this but I'll try.

I just moved to Tennessee within the past week and I have never been here before. I am in the Knoxville/Powell area and though I can do a lot of work on my own there are things I simply need a shop for things such as over sized tire mountings, balancing and alignments ( the main thing) as well as repairs like replacing a lower control arm ( where I am at I don't have good flat ground for that type of repair) I was wondering if anyone can direct me to shops that does good work but wont kill me on the price and wouldn't mind if i bring my own parts?

punisher1130

Adventurer
What type of vehicle? Foreign or domestic? Late model? Welcome to East TN.

Thanks, i got a 99 dodge dakota sport, 5.2 v8 lifted with 33x12.5 tires, i did find fab shops for some of the custom work i want to do but till i have the money for that i need to take care and maintain what i have now, that's why i am asking.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
Ok well for tire mounts and balance just go to discount tire in Farragut just off of Kingston pike. For basic stuff like alignment just go to Car-X there price was pretty fair. I try to do all my maintenance on my own so I am not much help there. There is not much for flat driveways in East TN I have learned to try and make my driveway work. I know a lot of guys talk highly of Murrell brothers in Maryville for tires. They might be worth checking out. Good luck with it and you can pm me if you have any questions.

punisher1130

Adventurer
Ok well for tire mounts and balance just go to discount tire in Farragut just off of Kingston pike. For basic stuff like alignment just go to Car-X there price was pretty fair. I try to do all my maintenance on my own so I am not much help there. There is not much for flat driveways in East TN I have learned to try and make my driveway work. I know a lot of guys talk highly of Murrell brothers in Maryville for tires. They might be worth checking out. Good luck with it and you can pm me if you have any questions.

i agree with doing the maintenance my self and i still can on a lot of it but for something like my control arms i just don't trust the driveway i have to use is all, its broke up too.

coop74

Old Camping Dude
You might want to look into East Tennessee Overland on Facebook if you want to join the overlanding community in East TN. Monday is their monthly meet and greet...

punisher1130

Adventurer
You might want to look into East Tennessee Overland on Facebook if you want to join the overlanding community in East TN. Monday is their monthly meet and greet...

Ok thanks I will look them up, wont be able to make it today since i have a few things to do but I will at least send a message and see what they say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior