Tepui Low Pro 7"

TOUGE

I will be at Tepui tomorrow picking up my tent, I will ask and see if they will give me any info.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Touge,

That would be great. If they give you any enough try to find out:

1. Where the ladder is stored
  2. If the tent body uses a gimp system and will have different bodies like the Baja Series
  3. How much does it weigh
  4. If the cover is zipped on, or if it uses straps (I prefer straps due to dust)
  5. What colors will be available
  6. What size is it? 1.2, 1.3, 1.4.....etc.
  7. and of course when we can officially buy it

TOUGE

Touge,

That would be great. If they give you any enough try to find out:

1. Where the ladder is stored
  2. If the tent body uses a gimp system and will have different bodies like the Baja Series
  3. How much does it weigh
  4. If the cover is zipped on, or if it uses straps (I prefer straps due to dust)
  5. What colors will be available
  6. What size is it? 1.2, 1.3, 1.4.....etc.
  7. and of course when we can officially buy it

Sorry, pick up my tent and been traveling the whole time with minimal phone coverage(T-mobile is the worst) and just got home.

They wouldn't give me much info. The delay is ladder, the design, where it is stored and what it will eventually be.

Saw one in cover sitting inside the warehouse, It looks thin! It was also sitting on a cardboard box that looked a perfect size for it that had "blue" printed on a sticker.

Thats all the info I have.

grogie

Like to Camp
I would be okay with storing the ladder elsewhere. I currently store sleeping bags in my Ayer, but I would be as well okay to leave those out. Currently my Ayer sits on my trailer, and even being the smallest RTT, it's still a big box.

grogie

Like to Camp
Grogie

How is your cover attached? Zippers, hooks, straps only?

Does it fully come off?

One side of the cover has a channel that the cover slides into, then a large zipper goes around the other three sides. The cover did come with two straps, however they used velcro to tighten the straps down, and the straps didn't do anything more to hold the cover down, so I removed them. The channel and zipper keep the cover on fine as it is. The cover material is fairly thick and tight enough over the tent.

When I open the tent, I just unzip the three sides and fold it up on the channel side and leave it to rest on top of the fender (the right side in the picture below is the channel side of the cover). There is no reason to remove the cover, however you can if you want as it just slides back out of the channel.

JW8A1Z.jpg

Also, here is a picture where you can see the cover folded up under the opening side of the tent. (Above the tire.)

naq642.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
It is a new year. Hopefully the Tepui/Thule buyout has smoothed out. Now maybe we can get an update on the Low Pro.

grogie

Like to Camp
Nice find, and I'm looking forward to someone comparing it to the original Ayer. I can see it being thinner with just a ligther weight material.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne