Tepui Tent RTT

Box Rocket

Is the only difference between the different models the size? Is there a materials or build quality difference between them? Thanks
No difference in materials or quality. All standard model tents (Kukenam Sky, Ayer, Autana Sky, Gran Sabana) use the same materials and overall design and quality. The Ruggedized models (Kukenam Ruggedized, Autana Ruggedized, Kukenam XL Ruggedized, Gran Sabana Ruggedized) have some upgraded materials from the standard ones. They included the heavy duty diamond plate base, larger/stronger internal frame/bows, heavier material on tent panels (320g ripstop poly cotton vs 260g on the standard tents), dual taped seams, Anti-condensation mat included, annexes made from same "ruggedized" material, black travel cover.

Let me know if that doesn't answer it.

Box Rocket

That helps a lot, I was looking at them on the Cabela's website, is your pricing the same as theirs?

No idea what the Cabelas prices are, but I suspect they are listed at MSRP which would be the same is directly through Tepui's website. I can knock 10% off of MSRP for forum members when you order through me. I also offer the same flatrate shipping that is listed on Tepui's site. $150 for all standard model tents, $215 for all Ruggedized and Gran Sabana models.

Docbg

That is great, might be my Christmas present, what do you recommend for roof racks, I am looking at getting a new one and would like to have it be the best to carry the tent. Is totally flat better? Or is it OK to have a couple inch lip on the sides?

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
Box Rocket,

Just a random question. In another discussion the clear window accessory was brought up for the Tepui tents. I'm curious how much are they and is there any more info on them? I was camping last weekend in the desert and the temperature dropped below freezing. In the morning when I woke up I lay there staring at the roof of the tent thought how nice it would be to have the windows open for light, but didn't want to let the cold air inside. Do you know if Tepui has ever sold a set of them?

Box Rocket

Yes Tepui offered those for a while but has since stopped selling them. Demand was low and they would get hazy from the clear material being folded up with dust and being an abrasive. You could call the shop and see if they have any sets left. The number is 800-301-9874
If a better material is found that exceeds that of other options out there it is possible that it could be offered again. The priority being top quality and longevity as with all Tepui products.

Box Rocket

FYI for anyone here that needs to get a hold of me this week regarding tents, I'll be in Mexico for the Baja 1000 with intermittent cell coverage and internet access. Feel free to leave me a message or text at 8017108110 and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Terrapin2

Ducktapeguy - I recently bought an Autana ruggedized through Adam and picked it from the warehouse in Santa Cruz. I noticed that my tent had the Velcro for the clear windows and asked about them. The guys dug around and found a box of them and threw a set in. I haven't used them yet so can't speak to the functionality or quality but I definitely like the idea of the clear windows when it's cold or windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yotes65

Observer
No idea what the Cabelas prices are, but I suspect they are listed at MSRP which would be the same is directly through Tepui's website. I can knock 10% off of MSRP for forum members when you order through me. I also offer the same flatrate shipping that is listed on Tepui's site. $150 for all standard model tents, $215 for all Ruggedized and Gran Sabana models.

Hey Adam,

I saw on another thread that Tepui might be doing a run of the Ruggedized for the Gran Sabana tent. Do you know if the width will be 76" or the standard 72"? Will the Annex be a part of the purchase price or sold separate?

Thanks,

Marty

Box Rocket

Hey Adam,

I saw on another thread that Tepui might be doing a run of the Ruggedized for the Gran Sabana tent. Do you know if the width will be 76" or the standard 72"? Will the Annex be a part of the purchase price or sold separate?

Thanks,

Marty

Yes there is a run of Ruggedized Gran Sabanas planned for availability sometime around mid-February. The dimensions will be the same is the standard Gran Sabana, and it will include a "ruggedized" annex. Retail cost is $2500 and as always I'll be able to offer a bit of a discount.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
When is this awning going to come to market? :Wow1:

b8a6b89d56507058844023fad4707aab3e81c48b.original.jpg

Box Rocket

It's been in the works for a while. There were a few minor design issues that Tepui has wanted to improve so it didn't come to market. I don't know the current status but I haven't heard it talked about for a while so I think it's been put on the back burner for some other products with greater potential. I still think there is a need for these so I'll poke the nest again and see what I can find out.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Cool, thanks Adam. Can you find out when the awning extensions will be back stock as well?

I'm very curious to see what the greater potential product offerings might be.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
I wish they even had one available by them, or any company, similar style, but the side is rectangular. I've been contemplating getting one from Sunday Campers, but they only take money orders, which kind of makes me affraid. I haven't heard anything bad about them, but there's little information on anything good/purchase experience through them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior