Tesla Cybertruck: The Future?

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
The other vehicles are the crumple zones.
Not sure if joking or not?
But there are concrete and trees out there. Relying on other people to protect you and your offspring in the car is akin to sending your kids out into motorway and think it will be all right because people have brakes.

This design will also make it more likely that the people in the other cars will be injured.

/hell I drive my Sub around town on errands, poor fuel economy and all, just because of the other bad drivers, noses buried in their smartphones. I'm not dying for somebody else's inattention.

.... now I just need to go buy some full width light bars to tide me over for a couple years, until I can buy my Cybertruck
Oh, you were serious. You actually think being in this sort of vehicle without crumple zones will keep you safer than in one with actual crumple zones.

Last edited:

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
There is no blindspot. Camera and sensors display anything except cloaked Romulans back there.
Not so sure. Already the "wing mirror" cameras are in the front wheel guards/extensions are very limited. And as such, even they are very limited in the view (too close to the sides and too low).

Of course, cameras could potentially solve this, assuming they're not covered in road grime (which there will be a lot of with this design).

shade

I thought there were just a few prototypes rolling around, but it's good to know that CyberTruck is available for test drives in Scandinavia.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I thought there were just a few prototypes rolling around, but it's good to know that CyberTruck is available for test drives in Scandinavia.
What has that to do with anything? You don't have to drive one to know that the placement of the side mirror cams are less than optimal, and that grime will be a problem for cameras at the very back due to this shape.
Seriously, so you also have to drive a particular one of these to know they're a death trap due to a single front wheel and two rear wheels:

1984_Honda_200s.jpg

Or that this won't make a good boat anchor:

1576830896212.png

Apparently, according to you, I have to "test drive" these things to know anything about it.

F350joe

There is no blindspot. Camera and sensors display anything except cloaked Romulans back there.
Actually, the 5 motor model will include anti-cloaking cameras, impact insistence bumpers and Romulan resistant stainless steel finish.

While on the sci-fi tangent... The Mandalorian on Disney plus has been really good. Also heard the latest Star Wars movie is really well done and ties up a lot of loose ends from the rest of the series.

shade

What has that to do with anything? You don't have to drive one to know that the placement of the side mirror cams are less than optimal, and that grime will be a problem for cameras at the very back due to this shape.
Seriously, so you also have to drive a particular one of these to know they're a death trap due to a single front wheel and two rear wheels:

View attachment 557119

Or that this won't make a good boat anchor:

View attachment 557120

Apparently, according to you, I have to "test drive" these things to know anything about it.
Not at all, but no one else has remotely approached your self-professed level of ... knowledge ... about this vehicle. I also didn't claim you have to test drive one to know anything about it, so you can drop that bad faith derp in the same bucket with the rest of it.

Yet again, I'll remind you that this is a prototype, not a production vehicle. Ranting about camera placement is simply idiotic. I await complaints that the door latching sound isn't satisfying.

I think I figured it out. You're testing a Tesla Palantir with The Musker, aren't you?

shade

Actually, the 5 motor model will include anti-cloaking cameras, impact insistence bumpers and Romulan resistant stainless steel finish.

While on the sci-fi tangent... The Mandalorian on Disney plus has been really good. Also heard the latest Star Wars movie is really well done and ties up a lot of loose ends from the rest of the series.
You know, force field tech could work well as pseudo crumple zones.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Not at all, but no one else has remotely approached your self-professed level of ... knowledge ... about this vehicle. I also didn't claim you have to test drive one to know anything about it, so you can drop that bad faith derp in the same bucket with the rest of it.
Yeah, talking sarcastically about test drives being available here isn't making the point that you can't know anything without a test drive. And somehow making that statement makes actual knowledge null and void.

I think I figured it out. You're testing a Tesla Palantir with The Musker, aren't you?
Again with the idiocy. I even posted pictures of where the sideview cameras are and anyone can see it's not exactly a good place when it comes to optimising the view. And anyone with just a bare minimum of knowledge will know that that shape of the rear will soon make for a lot of road grime covering the entire back.

So instead of even looking at the photos, you'd rather try to attempt to paint what should be common sense as a lack of knowledge and that it is impossible to know these things without actually driving the thing.

Whether or not something is "bad faith" (any criticism is apparently "bad faith" according to you) is irrelevant. You can look at the photos to see the placement of the sideview mirror cams, and with that shape of the thing, it should be easy to see that the tail end of that thing will be covered in dirt in no time at all.

"Derp" indeed.

shade

Again, you're off to the races reading whatever you want into someone's posts. It's a strange practice, but I guess that's your thing.

With regard to camera placement on a prototype, a rational person would assume that some time between now and the first vehicle rolling off the line, Tesla will have found a way to make the system work reliably. It's not rocket science, but fortunately, they have access to those skills.

I regret reading your post. Seek help.

Last edited:

F350joe

Yeah, talking sarcastically about test drives being available here isn't making the point that you can't know anything without a test drive. And somehow making that statement makes actual knowledge null and void.

Again with the idiocy. I even posted pictures of where the sideview cameras are and anyone can see it's not exactly a good place when it comes to optimising the view. And anyone with just a bare minimum of knowledge will know that that shape of the rear will soon make for a lot of road grime covering the entire back.

So instead of even looking at the photos, you'd rather try to attempt to paint what should be common sense as a lack of knowledge and that it is impossible to know these things without actually driving the thing.

Whether or not something is "bad faith" (any criticism is apparently "bad faith" according to you) is irrelevant. You can look at the photos to see the placement of the sideview mirror cams, and with that shape of the thing, it should be easy to see that the tail end of that thing will be covered in dirt in no time at all.

"Derp" indeed.

I have these amazing cameras I use for filming underwater that, get this, each lens a can see 190 degrees in every direction. Some auto makers are stitching all the camera views tighter to create a complete 360 view, 1000 times better and safer than using traditional mirrors. Combined with sensors, this and other manufacturers, will be rolling out the safest cars and trucks ever built. Road grime on the camera lens, gee that’s a hard one to figure out. Maybe a sprayer like cars have been doing for ever, rain x coating, or maybe just put the camera on the outside of the fender where road grime won’t reach it. Oh wait, they already did that. Just because you don’t have access to the latest tech, and apparently some really old tech, doesn’t mean Tesla doesn’t. We already know they are way more creative at solving problems than you could ever be. Just admit you don’t have the technical or creative fortitude to comprehend what Tesla is doing here. I’m glad you found the side view mirrors though, know you had problems with that. You tried to short the stock didn’t you?

rayra

Expedition Leader
giphy.gif

/that was on the Joe Roggin show, iirc, back when he was getting charged with stock manipulation and fined by the SEC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles