Tex's '18 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Awesome! I have an ARB fridge mounted on the passenger side of the cargo area. I would plan to trim the mat to fit around the fridge and sow back up with an edge. Given the material and construction, do you think this would be possible and workable?

Well it has a rubber type backing to the pad, if you can sew threw that with a heavy enough gauge needle then I see no issues.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Well it has a rubber type backing to the pad, if you can sew threw that with a heavy enough gauge needle then I see no issues.

That is good info to have. Thank you for sharing! Much appreciated. I am looking forward to seeing how your build progresses.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Took her down the beach today and grilled out next to the surf, not a bad Sunday afternoon.

6aNrAf7.jpg

npZKSmE.jpg

JGaojVg.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice looking 4Runner!

I had a question on your mounting hardware here... where did you get this eye nut? This style could work well on my strut channel rack. Thanks.

At a local hardware store, they aren’t that common though and I haven’t seen any others since then.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
i think the height and tires look great!

have you thought about a C4Fab slim bumper? they look really good and beef up the front end.

265045d1503581829-c4-fab-lo-pro-winch-bumper-group-buy-coming-up-extreme-30-c4-fab-lo-pro-2.jpg

I have, along with their wing protectors that allow you to cut away the area in front of the tires. I think it's a great option that gets the job done without taking anything away from the OEM look of the front end. My only gripe is that by the time I buy everything I need for it (wings, washer fluid tank skid. etc.) I'm nearly at the cost of a full front bumper from CBI. I also worry about the durability of those wings and how well they can take direct impacts. I have already seen threads on the forums about the wings moving without any use or impacts.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Sliders are growing on me.

RkoV8i3.jpg

pNRJra1.jpg

Leaning towards the CBI bumper with the full wrap like this at the moment.

TKqm17U.jpg

I have the C4Fab sliders and they very nice. The only thing that kind of was annoying about their sliders is they do not offer powder coating so I had to pay for that on top of the price of the sliders. But I understand why they don't powder coat cuz it always gets messed up in shipping. I had the sliders powder coated satin and had the steps coated with a krinkle finish. They turned out real nice and they are the real deal off road and in the mall parking lot. ;)

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I have the C4Fab sliders and they very nice. The only thing that kind of was annoying about their sliders is they do not offer powder coating so I had to pay for that on top of the price of the sliders. But I understand why they don't powder coat cuz it always gets messed up in shipping. I had the sliders powder coated satin and had the steps coated with a krinkle finish. They turned out real nice and they are the real deal off road and in the mall parking lot. ;)

Yea the Hefty sliders have a krinkle type powder coat finish as well. It holds up exceptionally well. Idk why, but I feel like I the 4Runner needs another 1" of lift, even the misses says she feels like it's at an awkward height, not tall but not conveniently low either. At its current height the sliders are of no real use as a step, it's not tall enough to warrant using them as such but it's not low enough to where you can easily step out and clear them with the back of your leg. I never thought I'd say this, but it either needs to be taller than it currently sits or lower, and I truly don't want to go down in size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne