The airgun thread - lets see where this goes.

skygear

       &
Pound for pound, its quite possible that my AirForce Talon in .177 has taken more game than any other rifle I own. Kodiak Match ammo. I don't have time for anything that can't hold a quarter minute of accuracy and it does it all day long. I like the look of that FX gun and anyone willing to put an Atlas on an airgun will be welcomed around these parts.

That said, our suppressed TacSol X-ring rifle gets the nod when the shot counts for predators such as skunks, badgers and trash pandas.
That Talon is a nice PCP - How do you fill yours? Tank? Fill station? The loathed hand pump!?

Same here with taking game. We take more game with the AirRifles than any other platform. Hog too. Will be doing deer this year as well. Always have loved Atlas products. When these push the price point and accuracy off a large portion of powder burners, you have to treat it the same or better with the matched accessories ;)🧜‍♂️😏 - Been eying a FLIR for it too.

The TacSol isn't a slouch either. Had hands on with one last year. One sighted in, it was nice at the range.

skygear

       &
The only airguns I currently own are an old Daisy Beretta 92 CO2 pellet pistol and a KSC G series Glock 19 copy airsoft. I've owned a handful of Daisys and Crossmans as well as a Sheridan and a Benjamin but they've broken, been given away or lost in moves.
Used lots of off-the-shelf pellet and BB guns over the years. We still have a couple too. Nothing wrong with using them or discarding them. Once you get a quality one in hand though, you never want to let it out of your sights.

skygear

       &
Basically, I just threw a dart at the catalogue and ended up with .22 Benjamin NP2. I needed an air rifle quickly, not wanting spend time & research it or spend more than 200$.
Its big, about the same size as my Winchester 1200 Goosegun ! Quiet too. Plenty of power and accuracy for my use which is almost daily taking feral Belgian Hares. Usually a broadside shot punches right through.
Those Benjamin Nitro Pistons are a huge leap over a standard springer. At that price point you got a decent rifle. We have over $3k in ours already. Thats just the Gun, Scope, Bipod, Suppressor, Extended Capacity Magazine.

We have a some Nitro Pistons too. Haven't had any issues with them and are quite accurate.

Gamo Hunter Extreme .25
Gamo SOCOM Extreme .177
Gamo Whisper Silent Cat

Ended up with Gamo by accident. Traded people for these rifles and cost to me was a total of $50 out of pocket. People see value in different things.

robert

Expedition Leader
Used lots of off-the-shelf pellet and BB guns over the years. We still have a couple too. Nothing wrong with using them or discarding them. Once you get a quality one in hand though, you never want to let it out of your sights.
The airsoft I got for yard practice as it's the same size and approximate weight as a real Glock. You can't snatch the lightweight slide or abuse it and you don't want to drop the magazines on the floor but it's good for drawing and pointing and it's fun. It's also good for teaching kids the four rules of gun safety.