The black and white thread (film or digital)

Area52

Adventurer
viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I like the shot of the dust catching the light behind the motorcycle. The photo is a bit too grainy for my tastes, but the composition and lighting is great

clydascope

I hear you on the grainy aspects of that back lit image. It's a recent scan of a print that had been in a box of loose photos for about 30 years and was really dirty, and now it's heavily cropped. But I like it none the less.

photoman

Explorer
Viggen - The car shots are all quite nice as far as composition but very grainy. Is that a camera limitation or was that the intended look?

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Wow, there is some really nice stuff in this thread. Im not much of a photographer, but I take pics everywhere I go usually. Black and white is not my forte.
Nick's Jeep pic background crop.jpg
jeep bw art smaller.jpg
morning on the rocks edit1.JPG

None of my crap compares to the amazing shots on previous pages of this thread.

Viggen

Just here...
Viggen - The car shots are all quite nice as far as composition but very grainy. Is that a camera limitation or was that the intended look?

It is film. Pushed Kodak TMax to be specific. That is just the way it is. Ilford Delta is a little less grain heavy but I did not pack any with me at the time as I had more TMax stacked in the back of the fridge. I quite like the grain though. Gives it a feel. I have similar photos taken with my EM10 and although they are cleaner and sharper, they just do not have the same character really. Could be romanticism on my part though.

A few more. Three film (again, TMax), one digital.
23468725101_a0b3e11fc5_c.jpg

24071258692_1b4d4ce995_c.jpg

24136529311_a3ce0ee815_c.jpg

Stirling, Clark, Shelby, Salvadori...all wrapped their mitts around this wheel at one point in their careers.

24111053422_ce1f730597_c.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94