The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

sonk_76

I recently bought a CFX3 55IM. So far early impressions are positive (though it was larger in real life than it looked like in picutures--not a negative!)

I am seeing a strange behavior with the temperature setting: when I set the temperature target temp. to 39 degrees, it appears to reset back to 37 degrees when I go check in on the fridge a few hours later (I'm talking about the target setting back to 37 degrees, not the actual temperature, which I understand will fluxuate a bit.) I've tried setting this both through the device directly and through the iPhone app. Either way it appears to accept the setting to 39, and either way it appears to reset back to 37 in a few hours.

This is with the fridge running either on AC or DC, indoors in a 70 degree ambient room.

Thoughts?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I recently bought a CFX3 55IM. So far early impressions are positive (though it was larger in real life than it looked like in picutures--not a negative!)

I am seeing a strange behavior with the temperature setting: when I set the temperature target temp. to 39 degrees, it appears to reset back to 37 degrees when I go check in on the fridge a few hours later (I'm talking about the target setting back to 37 degrees, not the actual temperature, which I understand will fluxuate a bit.) I've tried setting this both through the device directly and through the iPhone app. Either way it appears to accept the setting to 39, and either way it appears to reset back to 37 in a few hours.

This is with the fridge running either on AC or DC, indoors in a 70 degree ambient room.

Thoughts?
Well If you manually set the fridge to 39 and you have it set to 37 on your phone I should think the fridge is resetting it's self to what the App says, Try turning off the fridge changing the App to 39 and turn off the bluetooth then turn the fridge back on and set the fridge to 39 and once the LED panel has flashed and set it's self turn the bluetooth back on On your phone and see it is stays set at 39*.

Hope that helps

sonk_76

Well If you manually set the fridge to 39 and you have it set to 37 on your phone I should think the fridge is resetting it's self to what the App says, Try turning off the fridge changing the App to 39 and turn off the bluetooth then turn the fridge back on and set the fridge to 39 and once the LED panel has flashed and set it's self turn the bluetooth back on On your phone and see it is stays set at 39*.

Hope that helps
I've set it to the 39 on both devices. When I change it on one, I can confirm that it also changes on the other. So the two devices are in agreement with the value. They remain this way, both set at 39 degrees... but after a few hours (not sure of exact timing) they BOTH flip back to 37...

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I've set it to the 39 on both devices. When I change it on one, I can confirm that it also changes on the other. So the two devices are in agreement with the value. They remain this way, both set at 39 degrees... but after a few hours (not sure of exact timing) they BOTH flip back to 37...
Well I would delete the App and down load it again and see if that helps.

sonk_76

Deleted App. Set 55IM to 39 degrees on the 55IM control panel. Came back 1 hour later. 55IM has reset to 37 degrees :-/

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I know we usually discuss CFX3 models here, but I wanted to mention that if anyone is also considering an ice chest, we have a Camping Season Sale running that has two of our Patrol ice chests on sale!

patrol-sale.jpg

Both the 105 (102L) and 55 (54.3L) models are on sale at 15% off. For some added motivation be sure to use the forum code below to save a few extra $$.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

evdog

Hi @Dometic or anyone else.

I have a CFX3 45. Looking to mount it in my camper using the bolt holes on the bottom of the cooler. Can anyone confirm what bolt size and thread pitch needed? Depth would be useful to know as well. Thanks!

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hi @Dometic or anyone else.

I have a CFX3 45. Looking to mount it in my camper using the bolt holes on the bottom of the cooler. Can anyone confirm what bolt size and thread pitch needed? Depth would be useful to know as well. Thanks!

The bolt size is M6 with standard pitch (I think this is 1mm). Unfortunately, I can't find any documentation indicating the depth of the bolt holes in the cooler. :cry:

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

evdog

Awesome, thanks! I did try an M6 bolt I had but it was the wrong thread pitch. Picked up some M6 1.0, fits perfect.

edit to add - I only have a bolt with 3/4" of thread which inserts fully, but an allen key inserts around 1 1/4". It likely isn't threaded that far.

Last edited:

Greeneyedman

@Dometic I have been trying to find information on the Dometic CSG103 portable gas stove. I can find it in Australia but not in the US. Do you by chance know of someone that sells it in the US?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
@Dometic I have been trying to find information on the Dometic CSG103 portable gas stove. I can find it in Australia but not in the US. Do you by chance know of someone that sells it in the US?
It seems to be an Australian product, It is NOT offered by Dometic in the UK either.

AMUDIE_R1

@Dometic I ordered a fridge slide for my CFX3 75DZ in the middle of February. This ships straight from you I am told. I was also told that it would ship mid-April. Well I just got an email today from the point of sale saying that it will ship in the end of June? I need it for a memorial day trip, can you shed any light (other than the consistent talk about COVID and supply chain problems) on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz