Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Muskie

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ed Muskie

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

luthj

Engineer In Residence
In the USA we have a long and storied history of letting rich and powerful people get away with dumb stuff. At a bare minimum Master Musk hasn't built his fortune off the backs of under paid workers, or by burning rainforests. I don't see why we should break with hundreds of years of history on his account. ;) I may be weird, but I also prefer celebrities who's foibles are obvious, gives me a sense of security (irrationally so) that they aren't hiding a secret slave island with underage women, or pretending to be a billionaire when they are just a millionaire.

Anybody else have this odd problem with mispronouncing Musk's first name? I just can't seen to get it right repeatedly.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
In the USA we have a long and storied history of letting rich and powerful people get away with dumb stuff. At a bare minimum Master Musk hasn't built his fortune off the backs of under paid workers, or by burning rainforests. I don't see why we should break with hundreds of years of history on his account. ;) I may be weird, but I also prefer celebrities who's foibles are obvious, gives me a sense of security (irrationally so) that they aren't hiding a secret slave island with underage women, or pretending to be a billionaire when they are just a millionaire.

Anybody else have this odd problem with mispronouncing Musk's first name? I just can't seen to get it right repeatedly.
"Eelon"?

T-Willy

He's a short hitter. Totally pathetic. He hasn't subverted the scientific establishment. He hasn't corrupted democracy. He hasn't hosted his regulators to cocaine and hookers. His power doesn't reach to global climate systems. Hell, he can't even dupe the SEC. By any measure of success, he's a total failure--a whiney, electric-eclectic underachieving blunt-smoking rocket-model-obsessed dreamer. He's no American hero. He's definitely not tremendous.

shade

He's a short hitter. Totally pathetic. He hasn't subverted the scientific establishment. He hasn't corrupted democracy. He hasn't hosted his regulators to cocaine and hookers. His power doesn't reach to global climate systems. Hell, he can't even dupe the SEC. By any measure of success, he's a total failure--a whiney, electric-eclectic underachieving blunt-smoking rocket-model-obsessed dreamer. He's no American hero. He's definitely not tremendous.
That's the spirit!

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I agree! Its rare to see someone who isn't a politician be so good at inducing rage! :ROFLMAO:

Not sure if legit or if its Poe's Law in effect. :unsure: It took me a second though.

tangentially related, anyone accidentally get family members to say and agree with really terrible things accidentally by sarcastically repeating terrible tropes over the holidays?

shade

tangentially related, anyone accidentally get family members to say and agree with really terrible things accidentally by sarcastically repeating terrible tropes over the holidays?
Going Borat might prevent future invitations.

T-Willy

I agree! Its rare to see someone who isn't a politician be so good at inducing rage! :ROFLMAO:

Not sure if legit or if its Poe's Law in effect. :unsure: It took me a second though.

Musk is the intergalactic heavyweight champion of trolling. Evidence weeks of boiling fury on these forums, all while he's probably smoked 342 blunts. Pretty funny.

luthj

Engineer In Residence

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler

“LOS ANGELES — Potential jurors in the defamation trial of high-tech entrepreneur Elon Musk may be excused from the case if they voice strong feelings about billionaires or people who visit Thailand.”

Excerpt from the pretrial proceedings:
lawyer to potential juror: do you have any strong feelings about billionaires?
blonde female juror’s response: yes, I think it would really be cool to marry one and bear his children!

lawyer to potential juror: that’s not exactly what I meant. Do you have any less than positive feelings about billionaires?
blonde female juror’s response: no, I’m positive that I’d like to meet one and marry him and have his kids.

lawyer to potential juror: ok, one last time...let’s try it this way, do you have any bad feelings towards billionaires?
blonde female juror’s response: yeah, I do, I think I’d feel pretty bad if I missed my chance to marry one.

exasperated lawyer to judge: your honor, I’d like to exercise one of my preemptory challenges to excuse this juror!

Last edited:

Wallygator

Adventurer
I feel Tesla will eventually fail or be bought out by another manufacturer. I could care less about Tesla but the things being done at Space X are very interesting. Rockets that return themselves to the landing pad, etc.... Genius!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles