The Expedition Portal 7.3L Diesel Excursion

FJ SD

I never once considered an excursion before seeing you start to build this up back when you did. If only my recent college-grad self had the cash to buy this today. I truly cant think of a better (or simpler) setup. Being able to live indoors, stay low profile in urban areas both domestically and abroad, without emissions equipment requiring ultra-low sulfur diesel, and no pickup camper making you stick out like a sore thumb sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to see what is to come for you. GLWS

AbleGuy

[Back] Roads Scholar
“What is the rig's overall height? I like, but might run into a clearance issue through the garage door at my place”

Ditto...???

(Glad I’m not the only one with this problem)

AbleGuy

[Back] Roads Scholar
Thx Chris.
That’s a real monster of a truck!
Sadly, it’s way too tall for my garage and I’m not allowed to park outside overnight where I live due to HOA rules. Sooooo......

huerta32

Observer
I would also like pictures with the rear seats, need to keep my daughter strapped in

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Update, I've decided to keep Smokey! After looking at many different replacement options, and driving the Excursion down a few more backroads, I’ve realized that I just can’t let it go. Over the past few years it has done everything I wanted it to and more, exceeding all of my expectations and showcasing what this platform is capable of. It has become my home, and as ridiculous as this might sound, it feels like a friend. So while it probably makes more sense to let it go, I think Smokey is here to stay.
For all of the kind words and generous offers over the past week I can only say thank you so very much! It’s awesome to see all of these great people in the community, and so many fans of this build. I hope you’ll stick around for future adventures, and enjoy all the changes I have in store.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Update, I've decided to keep Smokey! After looking at many different replacement options, and driving the Excursion down a few more backroads, I’ve realized that I just can’t let it go. Over the past few years it has done everything I wanted it to and more, exceeding all of my expectations and showcasing what this platform is capable of. It has become my home, and as ridiculous as this might sound, it feels like a friend. So while it probably makes more sense to let it go, I think Smokey is here to stay.
For all of the kind words and generous offers over the past week I can only say thank you so very much! It’s awesome to see all of these great people in the community, and so many fans of this build. I hope you’ll stick around for future adventures, and enjoy all the changes I have in store.
Smart move, now that I have sold my old blue suburban and moved to a Taco and camper I really wonder if I would not have been better off spending even $10k to make my burb a pop top and have gotten the stand up room that I really wanted.
Glad to hear we will be able to continue to follow your adventures in Smokey

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Probably best decision you've ever made man! Glad to hear it's staying with ya.

ropes

Chris, so glad to hear your keeping it so I can follow your adventures. I also have an Excursion that I'm getting ready to do mild build as it still is my travel trailer tow vehicle.;)