The full sized mid-size, my 2014 F150 "Fiddy"

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Todd N Natalie: The 300a trucks I've been in have the small non colour MFD in the instrument cluster. But that's something that could have varied by year for all I know.
My 2014 300a has the tiny screen that's just text.
I realize the 301 is more than the leather wheel, but I actually don't want the power pedals or rear defrost. I actually just want the Leather wheel lol. Not a stand alone option unfortunately.

Cackalak Han:
I'd go 3.73 gear because I'm going to 255/80R17 or similar tires. Granted I don't think it will be as critical on a 10 speed as it would be on the 6, but gear swaps aren't cheap.

Mekcanix and UltraHDGames: sorry to hear your suffering alongside me in Manitoba lol

101a (XL) with the STX package is a great value. I was going to go with just a plain XL, but when I saw what STX had to offer, it was a no brainer.

Grassland

I loooove my STX. A few grand cheaper than my buddies XLT and 1/2 the price of my brothers Limited...haha.
I've never seen an STX here on the lot in person, ever.
I've only seen XLT sports.
And of course, XLT SCREW cabs with XTR package for the extra chrome nobody wants. Which is probably why that's all that's left for 19s right now lol.

Grassland

Ok, so haven't done enough leg work yet on the 2.7, but just using Fords site, and actually having looked for Payload Package 2.7 EcoBoost trucks (They almost don't exist locally) I'm not sold. Take a look at payload between a 3.3 truck and an Ecoboost truck in same configuration.
I am not writing it off just yet, but there is minimal motivation for me to get a 2.7 without the payload package. Will it accelerate faster, and tow nicer? Probably. But real world numbers show no payload or towing gains.

Attachments

• 2019 or 2020 f150 curb weight.png
    2019 or 2020 f150 curb weight.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 2019 or 2020 f150 payload etc.png
    2019 or 2020 f150 payload etc.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 2019 or 2020 f150 towing non payload.png
    2019 or 2020 f150 towing non payload.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 40
I'll try to post some pictures later today. It's mostly been to the latches/handles. I can't post directly from my.phone as the files are too large to upload. Unless I can figure out how to resize them.
Sorry for the delayed reply here. We have been out at the SEMA show and away from the computer. Where you able to get in touch with DECKED customer service?

Grassland

Sorry for the delayed reply here. We have been out at the SEMA show and away from the computer. Where you able to get in touch with DECKED customer service?
We were in touch with them a while ago via Facebook. They did offer to ship out new drawers, but i declined because the ones they had were the same as whats currently in the truck. They did mention that changes were being made to the system. It is my hope that the changes will address this issue going forward.

We were in touch with them a while ago via Facebook. They did offer to ship out new drawers, but i declined because the ones they had were the same as whats currently in the truck. They did mention that changes were being made to the system. It is my hope that the changes will address this issue going forward.
The new drawers are available, so please reach out if you change your mind and would like us to send some out.

Grassland

*deleted.comments about trying to sell truck and that despite similar year/mileage on lots for 25K truck only went up to $16700 at wholesale auction. Was looking for 18K*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Ok, so haven't done enough leg work yet on the 2.7, but just using Fords site, and actually having looked for Payload Package 2.7 EcoBoost trucks (They almost don't exist locally) I'm not sold. Take a look at payload between a 3.3 truck and an Ecoboost truck in same configuration.
I am not writing it off just yet, but there is minimal motivation for me to get a 2.7 without the payload package. Will it accelerate faster, and tow nicer? Probably. But real world numbers show no payload or towing gains.

There is zero comparison between the 2.7 and 3.3...lol. Test drive both trucks back to back. Then see if they will let you hook to a trailer and try them back to back. I promise you that you will forget all about the 3.3...lol.

Put 7k behind a 3.3 and you'll be the guy holding up traffic in the right hand lane going up a steep grade.

Put 7k behind a 2.7 and you'll be the guy in the left hand lane keeping up with traffic.

The big downside of the 3.3 is its resale value. With the other engines available, it's not at all desirable to most people.

For what it's worth, a buddy of mine has the 3.3 and says it pulls his boat better then the 4.6 did in his previous truck.

Also, running larger tires on a 2.7 will cost you fuel economy, not performance. It just spools the turbos a little sooner to compensate for it. Unless you plan on running something like a 10 ply 35x 12.5, don't sweat the gear ratio to much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grassland

A couple years ago during a snowshoe/winter camp. Doesn't take much to stop a leveled full size on large 33s. Was up to the frame and skid plates across the board.

Attachments

• 34x10.5r17 ko2 w level in the deep drivers side.jpg
    34x10.5r17 ko2 w level in the deep drivers side.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 34x10.5r17 ko2 w level in the deep.jpg
    34x10.5r17 ko2 w level in the deep.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 56

phsycle

Adventurer
Just curious why not just keep the truck? And next year, get a WK2. It’d make better financial sense. Unless you’re changing cab size or something like that.

Grassland

Just curious why not just keep the truck? And next year, get a WK2. It’d make better financial sense. Unless you’re changing cab size or something like that.

Similar trucks were retailing for mid 20s, thought I could get high teens for my truck, no dice.

The new trucks are aluminum, so won't have to worry about cab corners in the future. As well my truck doesn't have an E-locker, or transmission cooler. Yeah I could add these things, but if I can get much more for the truck currently then I ever imagined, why not just get a new truck next year with the tow package and E locker? (And standard back up camera) As well as shedding 400#.
Ended up half ass addressing rust, adding trans cooler and limited slip to buy time.

My wife already has a WK2. She said she would rather I get a truck then us having another Jeep. But damn is it a nice ride.

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
I see. But aren't new trucks $45k+ in Canada? I'm assuming it would cost $2k for the locker and $1k for a trans cooler. $2k for the suspension (if that). So $5-6k, if you decide to repaint. 99km or ~60k miles.....that's nothing.

But I do know what it feels like to get a new truck. If that is the main motivator, then go for it.

Grassland

I see. But aren't new trucks $45k+ in Canada? I'm assuming it would cost $2k for the locker and $1k for a trans cooler. $2k for the suspension (if that). So $5-6k, if you decide to repaint. 99km or ~60k miles.....that's nothing.

But I do know what it feels like to get a new truck. If that is the main motivator, then go for it.

Yeah they are MSRP 45+. I can likely get what I want for about $36k. You've got me second guessing myself now though... Plus Ford pulled the leather steering wheel out of the 301a package and put it in the 302a package, the jerks, so I won't get my coveted leather steering wheel in the next truck either :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne