The going to take forever build.

Sefferston

Hello all,

This is the TacoTruck:

live6NmGZY.jpg

Watched Expedition Overland and knew what I wanted, with a slight twist. Long travel. Enough to handle what ever the desert could throw at me, or however deep the snow gets.

This being my first post, it's a forewarning that I am stationed in Germany at the moment, so updates will be few and far between as most parts that I want are heavy, therefore not able to ship nearly as easily as I would like them. Also, restricted to a 70 pound limit due to USPS bylaws. Which means, this is going to be a very slow, painful build.

The bright news is, I will be back stateside come 2017 which will make things speed up, quite considerably.

As I have never done anything quite of this caliber on any vehicle, I will be relying on everyone as a community for guidance on what works, and what doesn't.

Lastly, my name is Seth.

Beautiful truck - how often will you actually get to work on it? Is it in Germany with you or will you only be working on it when you get leave to go home?

Sefferston

It's in Germany with me, and not nearly as often as I want to. I've done little things so far like WeatherTech's and swapped out light bulbs for LED's but a majority of things will have to wait.

Have you checked out the long travel postings on Tacoma World? Since you're going for long travel (and if you can afford it, why not) they have a rather extensive series of posts on the how tos of long travel installs as well as a lot of builds.

Sefferston

Have you checked out the long travel postings on Tacoma World? Since you're going for long travel (and if you can afford it, why not) they have a rather extensive series of posts on the how tos of long travel installs as well as a lot of builds.
I have, and I'm over there as well. Reading and deciding is the hardest part, and adding in the Expedition side makes it that much more fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne