The "I'll Be at Overland Expo West 2015 with my Fuso" Thread

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Just so we can coordinate, figure out how much camping space to stake out, etc. Reply with your info in this thread (or PM me) and I'll update this post with the info.

FYI, We will be staying at the KOA Campground in Flagstaff on Tuesday and Wednesday nights before expo. We stayed there last year and it was a good place for doing laundry / resupply before heading down the road to Mormon Lake. It's an older campground so all of the sites are wooded, and there are a couple of nice hikes to be had from there.

HANDLENAMESVEHICLEFROMARRIVING-DEPARTING
pugslyyyJon and Emily(Robinson Fuso) 2007 FG / custom buildRaleigh, NCThursday-Monday
yabanjaAllan and Sakshi2000 FG / custom buildSalt Lake City, UTFriday-Sunday
Buckstopper******** and Robin2005 FG / HallmarkPortland, ORtbd
CzechsixGreg2012 FG / flatbedSan Diego, CAFriday-Sunday
BandicootJulie and Rick(Cocky) 2009 FG (Australia-spec) / EarthCruiser EC4Brisbane, AustraliaThursday-Monday or Tuesday
SolarCarlCarl and Alan1998 FG / custom buildSanta Cruz, CAThursday-Monday
Howard70Howard and Heidi(Prima Terra) 2014 FG / EarthCruiserBelen, NMtbd
lehel1unk2008 FG / custom buildunkunk
blindbatledAlex, Serge, Carly1997 FG / custom build (FG538B RHD)Vancouver, BCunk

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
All the cool kids will be at the nw rally. :).
All seriousness aside, I am bummed I can't make it. The week before I am in Fresno at atw, The weekend after I am heading to az to do the BDR. The following week I have a moto charity ride to Cali. I need to be at work sometime!! Have fun.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
We'll be there, unknown right now how much time we'll have. Flat bedding it, but we'll have a tent setup, which should work fine.

I'll send a PM to you, Oh Great Coordinator, with the specifics.

pugslyyy

We'll be there, unknown right now how much time we'll have. Flat bedding it, but we'll have a tent setup, which should work fine.

I'll send a PM to you, Oh Great Coordinator, with the specifics.

Got it, thanks!

yabanja

Explorer
Just signed up for all my classes! Missed the boat on the Overland Driving Skills for Big Trucks(on the waiting list) Everything else I wanted was still available!! Hope I'm not overbooking myself!!!

Allan

Czechsix

Looks like Cathie can't make it, due to work commitments, plus our geriatric dogs. So it'll just be me, Friday through Sunday. I might show up Thursday at the KOA for a bit though, need to pick up something in PHX area on the way in. Maybe I'll grab a spot at the KOA, dunno yet.

Thanks for that reminder, Allan...I need to sign up for stuff too.

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Hey we are up to 9 Fusos (not including vendor vehicles). Should be a good showing!

ExpoMike

I know this will seem like a weird request but are any of you guys planning on using your rigs on the obstacle/training course? Reason I ask is, I have never been in a Fuso and am curious what it is like, in an offroad type envrionment. I keep thinking this is our next move from our current setup and would like to take a ride in one, to see if this is the direction I ultimately want to go. Thanks.

Czechsix

I know this will seem like a weird request but are any of you guys planning on using your rigs on the obstacle/training course? Reason I ask is, I have never been in a Fuso and am curious what it is like, in an offroad type envrionment. I keep thinking this is our next move from our current setup and would like to take a ride in one, to see if this is the direction I ultimately want to go. Thanks.

Oh, I'll probably do it for the entertainment. We should probably set up a big leader board and do timed runs, but I think that would get us kicked out. But just think of how epic the conversations in OE's in the years to come would be...."hey, you guys remember years back when those fuso guys got kicked for racing on the obstacle course?" :D

This'll give you an idea:

I'll see if I can dig up any vids from driving out to KoH..that was entertaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles