The Land Yacht 2006 dodge megacab cummins

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
not much to post up, just some more maintenance. rear u-joint was going CLUNK so we DE-Clunked it.

picked up a new tool, a u-joint remover, says for passenger cars and trucks.... apparently not one ton trucks though. it barely fit on enough to remove one cap, then it just kept popping off.

mTcm15J.jpg

we can see the problem here, one of the caps had no bearings fall out, they were pulverized. the only thing that came out was dust.

ui4cYmY.jpg

EPcYn55.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
last weekend the back driver door started acting up, even when shut it would trip the alarm on the dash for a door being open and it would come and go. knowing these are notorious for broken wires in between the door and the body i new where to start looking. took the door panel off, disconnected the harness from the body (smart move on dodges part, making this a removable connector), pushed it all into the door and out through the speaker hole to have more room to work, and what do we see here with blurry pictures?

DbNEvtY.jpg

OWenbXa.jpg

someones crappy previous repair, one wire was already pulled apart, i touched the black one and it gave up. every single wire had been butt spliced, all but 2 pulled apart with minimal effort. so far today the alarm has not dinged.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Yesterday we drove 1.5 hours to go pick up some big hay bales 1000-1200 pound bales, truck got 17.1 MPG with the empty trailer and 16.9 MPG with 4 bales on it, cruised 70 MPH at 1800 RPM's. i have noticed a transmission leak coming from somewhere in the cooler area, its on the passenger side away from the lines so i ordered a new cooler for it this morning. I have been neglecting this thing while working on my cherokee, first part of next month we are going on a short weekend trip and overnighter so i need to get my butt in gear.

GzjEjCZ.jpg

ROFC2sF.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
wasnt working on the land yacht but we were prepping some metal for it and building a stand for the bead roller.

dUSzEmz.jpg

0FsbHpW.jpg

CIOiyN5.jpg

and ya, next time he needs on long pants lol.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
so i knew the trans cooler was slowly leaking and i bought a new cooler about 3 weeks ago and finally got around to doing it sunday.

2IE9MXp.jpg

lgpVrK4.jpg

no pics of the new one in, the cooler line connectors were a pain, i ended up having to cut the old cooler hard lines and then get the left over pieces out of the connectors, then i thought i had both seated right but one was not. i took it on a test drive up horse heaven hill which is about a 1200 foot elevation climb. no leaks but the one connector just didn't look right so Monday i tore it back apart and gave the hose a yank and it pulled right apart. glad i tore back into it.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Moving onto storage/camping

i picked up this box over 3 years ago for free, it was too long to use in a short bed truck so i had planned on cutting it in half and making end caps, then use it for camping gear on a trailer. well the trailer isn't going to happen but this weekend i did start working on the box so we can at least throw it in the bed of the truck and use it.

getting things measured out
nXxNSsw.jpg

probably should have hauled it down to where my plasma cutter is but the sawzall worked fine.
kHiSHB5.jpg

my helper
D4qX8GG.jpg

i recently picked up some new toys... i mean tools. so this was my first time using a bead roller and my new box/pan brake. my bead lines definitely are not the straightest.
cxBLj5s.jpg

but all in all it turned out ok. i was going to just rivet it on but decided to wait and haul it down to where my welder is and spot weld it on.
Sutnxeb.jpg

then i am going to put some seam sealer in it, and build some dividers for the inside. for right now we will just carry 2 collapsible saw horses to set it on until we make sure it works for us and decide how to build/attach the legs.

Kingsize24

I honestly think the seam sealer and rivets would be a better idea. I would go with your original thought. Looks great!

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Tuesday night i just pick my kid up in the jeep and my wife sends me a text, " the truck wont start" so i drive to her work (30 miles) after just driving 45 miles from my work. she says it wont crank, she is just getting a click, the lights and windows work. i had noticed some corrosion on one of the batteries this weekend but didn't get around to fixing it. so i get there and check the batteries, both have 12.5 volts, pull the terminals and clean them... nothing, test the fusable link going to the starter solenoid... its fine, try jumping the starter solenoid..... nothing, so i am thinking TIPM issue. so we have it towed to the dealership. yesterday they look at it and there is apparently a common issue where the starter wire is routed behind the air intake piping and the starter wire gets pinched against the starter, chafes the wiring and shorts out the TIPM.

They pulled the wire out, repaired it, re-routed it, and she fires right up. $150 later we are happy campers again, especially since they told me they were booking repairs out 3 weeks but would try and squeeze it in for troubleshooting.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
saturday i walk out into the living room and look out the window and my view is blocked
uJ44zvo.jpg

i dont normally park the truck there, glad it wasnt backed up any further. the branch did hit the truck but didnt do any damage. i should have parked my car under it.
oMCw1Fz.jpg

yaTK8Sq.jpg

fell right between my sprinkler manifold and the faucet in the yard
qBxAioz.jpg

it was about 1.5-2 feet across at the base
uFqhiqs.jpg

i went out and cut enough to get the truck and trailer out the driveway, we hauled the car into the shop and went and got hay. 3 more ton brought in for winter. Sunday i went out and cut the branch up.
bYRrCnU.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
A couple of weeks ago i was in Dallas for work and the wife calls me, "i smell diesel outside of the truck" then the next day "there's a puddle of diesel under the engine", great cause i can just run home from Dallas lol. It was leaking between the #4 fuel line and the pass through, and it already had the updated #4 line on it. Went ahead and replaced the fuel line, pass through, and the pass through nut since i was in there already.... no more leak.

Today i had my sister use her Amazon prime to order up a smarty jr for it, going to try and install it this weekend when i pick it up from her.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Got the smarty JR installed this weekend, gained 2 MPG's on the freeway, 18.5-19 which isnt bad for having 4.10 gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior